Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: ARV-110 and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 300 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Join the rapidly growing team at Arvinas, the leader in developing therapeutic PROTAC-mediated protein degradation. This position will perform work in the protein science laboratory including protein expression, purification and structural biology.
This position will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Learn to generate large quantities of crystallography or cryoEM-grade protein
- Training in DNA construct design such as affinity and solubility tags
- Training in protein expression in coli utilizing optimal temperature and inducer conditions
- Training in protein purification techniques such as affinity chromatography, ion exchange chromatography, and size exclusion chromatography (SEC)
- Training in quality control of protein purity using SDS-PAGE, analytical SEC, and Tycho melting apparatus.
- Optimize the process for large-scale production
- Learn to set up and observe crystallography trays using high-throughput robotics
- Training on the Dragonfly and Mosquito instruments for high-throughput protein crystallography
- Training on the RockImager to view crystal trays
- Learn to to analyze and communicate experimental data to team members, write up experimental procedures for colleagues, and provide thorough documentation using an electronic lab notebook.
- Build productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Apply excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Attentive to detail
- Persistent and goal-oriented
- Capable of independent work and communicate progress or problems
- Open to constructive feedback, and freely asks questions
- Basic understanding of cell biology
- Basic understanding of biochemistry
- Prior experience with cell culture desired, but not a pre-requisite
- Excellent recording skills as well as oral and written communication skills is required
- Manages time and balances work according to goals and deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, etc. is required
Currently enrolled in undergraduate BS, MS, or other related advanced degree program. Preference will be given to candidates with academic knowledge and lab experience in introductory biochemistry.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer