Arvinas is a clinical-stage biotechnology company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being co-developed and commercialized by Arvinas and Pfizer as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 400 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and mission – to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases by pioneering therapies created with our revolutionary PROTAC® protein degradation platform. We’re really excited about the work we’re doing inside and outside of Arvinas, and think you will be, too. But don’t just take our word for it – learn more about life at Arvinas and what employees have to say. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
This position was created for a curious and energetic individual excited by using modeling and simulation to solve problems in the pharmaceutical R&D. Our mantra is that a modeling project is not successful unless its results or recommendations are implemented! You will become part of a newly established Modeling and Simulation function at Arvinas, whose goal is to support projects in the discovery, preclinical, early development and full development stages in all therapeutic areas in the company, including oncology and neurology.
In this role you will work with partners in project teams including statistics, pharmacology and biology and use modeling and simulation to inform nonclinical and clinical study design, study data interpretation for go/no-go decisions and regulatory communication and filing and evaluation of potential targets for PROTACs. You will be using the most appropriate modeling approach from the full range of model types in contemporary practice of quantitative pharmacology and pharmacometrics, including PKPD models, population approach models, compartmental models, statistical models, mechanistic and quantitative systems pharmacology models.
This position reports to the Head of Modeling and Simulating and can be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT or work with a hybrid or remote work arrangement within the United States with quarterly travel to our headquarters and for key meetings.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and justify modeling and simulation strategies and tactical plans for drug development programs in all stages through approval.
- Document modeling plans and results in plans, memos and reports in accordance with Arvinas SOP and general regulatory (FDA and worldwide) scientific and content requirements.
- Develop modelsand implement model simulations on your own and in collaboration with colleagues in the M&S function or external M&S consultants, as required by timelines and available resources.
- Deliver and communicate results of modeling to the project team or stakeholders and iterate model and simulation improvement until modeling results are implemented.
- Consult discovery and development teams on data analytic and experiment or study design questions that may be outside of the prepared tactical plans and strategies.
- Support the Modeling and Simulation function in development of function level activities, including continuous improvement of processes and scientific basis of quantitative pharmacology support of R&D, the computing infrastructure initiatives and educational activities to promote modeling and simulation throughout the company.
- A minimum of 2-5 years of experience of doing modeling and simulation or preclinical or clinical pharmacometrics in pharmaceutical or biotechnology companies.
- Experience of developing and using models using compartmental models, population models (nonlinear mixed effects, NLME), statistical models such as regression and hierarchical models.
- Experience of coding models, developing models and performing model simulation using Nonmem, Monolix and R.
- Experience writing data munging visualization and exploratory data analysis code in R.
- Experience using quantitative pharmacology, pharmacometrics or modeling and simulation to support R&D tasks for teams in early or late clinical development.
- Experience of writing modeling or pharmacometrics plans, memos and reports, and communicating modeling assumptions and results to stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical R&D.
- Experience modeling for at least two drug modalities (e.g., small molecules, monoclonal antibodies, siRNA, gene therapy, etc.)
- A Ph.D. degree in physics, mathematics, engineering, statistics, pharmaceutical sciences or other disciplines related to quantitative pharmacology.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer