Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is seeking an experienced High-Performance Computing (HPC) Senior Engineer to join the IT R&D and Clinical Systems team and work in tandem with the IT Research and Development organization to architect and deliver leading-edge solutions. This role directly supports our computational teams in Chemistry and Biology.
The ideal candidate has experience managing computational heavy workloads, by following infrastructure and operational best practices and is proficient in storage, hardware, operating systems, virtual machine technology and cloud computing.
This position reports to the Senior Director, IT R&D and Clinical Systems and can be remote, hybrid, or located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Translate business requirements for data acquisition, visualization, and analysis, [including Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML)] into technical requirements.
- Define the technical requirements and data architecture for data intake, storage, management, and archival of large research data sets from internal and external groups.
- Partner with internal IT and IT vendors on the specification, selection, and implementation of solutions to meet requirements. Lead or participate in vendor selection, contract negotiation, and the development of statements of work.
- Partner with the IT Infrastructure & Operations Cloud engineering and Cyber Security teams to ensure all solutions are aligned with policies and procedures.
- Provide full lifecycle ownership of applications and IT capabilities. This includes scoping and implementing new systems, maintaining existing systems, and making retirement/replacement recommendations.
- Provide operational support as required for production systems, including end-user support, account management, configuration management, and change management.
- Prepare system lifecycle documentation, end-user training and documentation, FAQs, and other documentation as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the following is required:
- Advanced knowledge of Linux operating systems, high performance computing clusters, and GPU architectures
- Experience in molecular visualization applications (e.g. Schrodinger, RELION, ChimeraX, Rosetta, PyMOL, coot, Spotfire)
- Knowledge of systems and data architecture to support computationally intensive work including Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML)
- Automation toolsets such as Ansible Automation, Puppet, Chef
- VMware ESXi infrastructure and fundamentals surrounding networking and storage
- Experience in architecting HPC Clusters in Cloud environments such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS that can scale on demand
- Very strong business analysis skills
- Very strong technical troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent task management and prioritization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including assisting helpdesk support escalations
- 8+ years’ experience in IT, with the desired candidate having experience in life sciences
- Experience in IT Infrastructure and Cloud capabilities/applications from concept to delivery within life sciences
- Experience providing IT application support and maintenance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Management Systems or related IT discipline desired
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer