Arvinas is a clinical-stage biotechnology company dedicated to improving the lives of patients suffering from debilitating and life-threatening diseases through the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapies that degrade disease-causing proteins. Arvinas uses its proprietary PROTAC Discovery Engine platform to engineer proteolysis targeting chimeras, or PROTAC targeted protein degraders, that are designed to harness the body’s own natural protein disposal system to selectively and efficiently degrade and remove disease-causing proteins. In addition to its robust preclinical pipeline of PROTAC protein degraders against validated and “undruggable” targets, the company has three investigational clinical-stage programs: ARV-766 and bavdegalutamide for the treatment of men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer; and vepdegestrant (ARV-471) for the treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic ER+/HER2- breast cancer. Arvinas, as part of its overall business strategy, selectively assesses opportunities for potential collaboration, license, marketing and royalty arrangements, and similar transactions, to advance and accelerate the development and enhance the commercial potential of its product candidates.
#TeamArvinas is made up of approximately 450 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and mission – to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases by pioneering therapies created with our revolutionary PROTAC® protein degradation platform. We’re really excited about the work we’re doing inside and outside of Arvinas, and think you will be, too. But don’t just take our word for it – learn more about life at Arvinas and what employees have to say.
For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
As a key member of the Market Access Leadership team, the Senior Director, US Pricing & Contracting Strategy will lead the function developing and executing the pricing and contracting strategies to support the launch of Arvinas’s portfolio. This position serves as the functional lead for all Arvinas’s US Commercial and Government Contracting & Pricing. They will be responsible for establishing innovative approaches to pricing, contracting and reimbursement of therapies and in doing so collaborates closely with key stakeholders to ensure optimal price and access for Arvinas’s portfolio.
This position reports to the SVP, Global & US Market Access and can be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT or work remotely from a location within the U.S.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Provides senior management and cross functional team members with relevant pricing and reimbursement information, support, and strategic recommendations.
- Partners with US and Global Value & Access teams to design US specific pricing and market access strategies for Arvinas products.
- Work closely with the Payer Account team to assess customer opportunities and structure contractual agreements that are mutually beneficial.
- Partner with Payer Account team to advise on negotiations with their customers for profitable business , protecting Gross to Net (GTN)
- Build the Arvinas strategic pricing & contracting capability and organization to prepare for current and future product launches.
- Design and develop pricing models to evaluate the impact of pre and post launch strategies.
- Collaborates with cross functional partners(HEOR, legal) to identify , assess, and implement innovative pricing strategies.
- Modeling the impact of legislative changes (IRA) on short and long term revenue.
- Lead strategic pricing and contracting analytics, including Payer/PBM, Oncology GPO’s, and IDN’s modeling, assessing implications of deal scenarios on ROI, gross to net (GTN), and government pricing programs.
- Collaborate with Market Access and marketing colleagues to ensure overall contracting strategies are in alignment with brand strategies.
- Lead efforts to create and manage dashboards to report on key performance metrics, status and timelines for action against existing and future contracts.
- Analyze and report performance against contracts to ensure compliance with agreed upon metrics and report to internal teams during regularly scheduled meetings.
- Work closely with Finance, to build the pricing and contracting framework and governance, including management of Pricing Committee.
- Lead the development and structure of all pricing documents for presentation to the Executive Pricing Committee.
- Collaborate with Finance and Commercial Analytics to ensure appropriate forecasting of list price, discounts and allowances to accurately report gross to net, including statutory government price calculations.
- Manage the approval and execution of list price changes.
- Partner with Business Analytics on the development and delivery of market insights that inform payer and provider customer strategies, tactics and product forecasts.
- Lead strategy development, design, vendor selection, and implementation phases for end-to-end government reporting services partnership.
- 12+ years of bio/pharmaceutical experience required with a key understanding of current US Federal markets.
- At least 8+ years of direct pricing & contracting expertise.
- Experience leading a pharmaceutical pricing and contracting organization.
- Working knowledge of current US market access environment, including pricing environment and dynamics, payer coverage dynamics, and government pricing programs.
- Deep understanding of the Oncology landscape and the key stakeholders including payers, GPO (community practice / hospital), PBM’s, and specialty pharmacy.
- Understanding of Benefit Design & Economics associated with Commercial, Medicaid and Medicare reimbursement for oral drugs with Oncology Customers
- Experience overseeing pricing governance including pricing committee.
- In depth knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturer compliance requirements, patient confidentiality (HIPAA regulations), product reimbursement and product access.
- Knowledge and experience in Medicare Part A-D, Medicaid, and private payer policies, reimbursement process, health policy, areas of coverage and payment.
- History of leveraging strategic insights, data, market research, and customer insights to optimize price and contracting strategy to support access and revenue goals.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and financial acumen required to managed complex contractual agreements.
- Strong communicator of complex information with the ability to influence others.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work across multiple functions, disciplines, and people.
- Ability to translate and compile data into comprehensive and functional reports.
- New product launch experience preferred.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills with demonstrated skills working cross functionally to gain alignment and improve business performance.
- Experience working in alliances/partnerships is a plus.
- High degree of integrity and ethics and support of Arvinas’s core values.
- Ability to travel as required for conferences, customer, and internal meetings up to 20%.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; degree in health sciences or business/marketing preferred.
- MBA or other advanced degree is a plus.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer