Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
This position is laboratory-based, requires strong experimental skills, and the ability to effectively partner with team members in order to deliver quality data in support of drug discovery efforts. This role supports internal or external partnership/collaboration efforts across one or more diverse therapeutic areas.
This position reports to a Research Investigator, Biology and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Design and execute experiments, and perform data analysis to:
- Dissect target function and dependency utilizing compounds and molecular target manipulation (e.g., siRNA)
- Measure target engagement, pathway modulation and cell sensitivity in response to compounds or target modulation
- Design, QC, validate, and execute medium- to high- throughput 96/384 well assay formats, such as ELISA, quantitative Western, and cell viability/death
- Interact and collaborate with oncology and chemistry team members to contribute to drug discovery and development program progression
- Keep up to date on relevant biology, novel technologies, and methodologies across oncology
- Document, compile and interpret experimental data; manage laboratory notebook, databases, and/ or spreadsheets to effectively record and communicate results
- Motivated and productive individual with excellent communication skills who works effectively in a team setting
- General knowledge of cell, molecular and cancer biology
- Proficiency in aseptic mammalian cell/tissue culture required
- Strength in assay execution using multiple common biological laboratory methodologies:
- Experience performing cellular proliferation/cytotoxicity assays (2D/3D)
- Experience measuring protein levels: western blot, ELISA
- Experience using siRNA/shRNA/CRISPR techniques
- Able to execute medium- to high- throughput (96/384 well) plate-based assays with various readouts (fluorescence, luminescence etc.)
- Experience generating cell line models including design of CRISPR/Cas9 based targeting constructs, cell transfection, clonal expansion, and genotyping
- Ability to design, optimize and validate cell-based and biochemical assays using a variety of readout technologies is a plus (e.g., fluorescence, luminescence, TR-FRET, AlphaLISA)
- Excellent data handling and recording skills as well as oral and written communication skills
- Able to work on several projects simultaneously and collaborate with other groups
- Innovative, independent and able to work and problem-solve independently while under general supervision by the project leader
- Organized, goal-oriented and timeline-conscious
BS with 5+ years’ experience or MS in Biology or relevant discipline with equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer