Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our Platform Biology team as a Research Associate. This position will be dedicated to conducting experiments and executing assays involving cultured cells or isolated proteins and using multiple methodologies to develop PROTAC protein degrader small molecules. This is a committed bench scientist position located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT, and reports to a Senior Research Scientist in our Platform Biology group.
NOTE: This position is a temporary role to cover an individual while out on maternity leave. This is a terrific opportunity to demonstrate technical capabilities and establish a network within Arvinas for potential future opportunities!
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- >75% lab work: conduct experiments and analytical assays involving cell culture, protein detection, or protein: ligand interactions.
- Execution of cell-based assays to query targeted protein degradation (western blots, ELISA, reporter assays, etc.).
- Apply excellent organizational skills to maintain lab stocks and lab cleanliness.
- Maintain clear experimental records and communicate well with supervisor and other team members.
- Deliver critical data by following provided protocols and guidance.
- A strong work ethic and willingness for continued learning.
- Motivated and productive individual with excellent communication skills who works effectively in a team setting.
- Experience in aseptic mammalian cell/tissue culture is a must.
- Basic knowledge of cell biology, molecular biology, and biochemistry.
- Organized, goal-oriented, and timeline-conscious.
Prefer to have
- Experience with knockdown and overexpression in cultured cells
- Experience with automated liquid handlers (e.g., Combi, MultiFlo, BRAVO)
- Experience measuring protein levels: western blot, ELISA, reporter assays, etc.
- Experience in execution of medium- to high- throughput (96/384-well) plate-based assays: examples include ELISA, TR-FRET, quantitative western, luminescence- and/or fluorescence-based assays.
- Other preferred skills and knowledge.
- Experimental documentation/lab notebook.
- Data presentation.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- B.S./M.S. in Biology or related field with 0.5-2 years laboratory research experience in cell biology, molecular biology, and/or biochemistry. Those having completed intensive research experiences during their studies (thesis work, internships, co-ops), equating to at least 6 months of lab work, are encouraged to apply.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer