Arvinas is a clinical-stage biotechnology company dedicated to improving the lives of patients suffering from debilitating and life-threatening diseases through the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapies that degrade disease-causing proteins. Arvinas uses its proprietary PROTAC Discovery Engine platform to engineer proteolysis targeting chimeras, or PROTAC targeted protein degraders, that are designed to harness the body’s own natural protein disposal system to selectively and efficiently degrade and remove disease-causing proteins. In addition to its robust preclinical pipeline of PROTAC protein degraders against validated and “undruggable” targets, the company has three investigational clinical-stage programs: ARV-766 and bavdegalutamide for the treatment of men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer; and vepdegestrant (ARV-471) for the treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic ER+/HER2- breast cancer. Arvinas, as part of its overall business strategy, selectively assesses opportunities for potential collaboration, license, marketing and royalty arrangements, and similar transactions, to advance and accelerate the development and enhance the commercial potential of its product candidates.
#TeamArvinas is made up of approximately 450 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and mission – to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases by pioneering therapies created with our revolutionary PROTAC® protein degradation platform. We’re really excited about the work we’re doing inside and outside of Arvinas, and think you will be, too. But don’t just take our word for it – learn more about life at Arvinas and what employees have to say.
For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
As a key member of the Market Access Leadership Team, the Executive Director, Federal Accounts will be responsible for leading the planning, development and implementation of our market access strategy for Vepdeg and future products within the Federal Markets sector which includes the Big Four federal agencies (Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Department of Defense (DoD), Public Health Services (PHS), and Coast Guard as well as the Federal Bureau of Prisons. Works closely with Pricing & Contracting lead to establish pricing for the Federal sector and leads the experienced field based Federal Accounts team responsible for ensuring Arvinas achieves its business objectives with key Federal Markets stakeholders.
- Dynamic leader who builds coalitions and works across boundaries to achieve stellar results. Possess deep expertise in government healthcare programs, managed markets and the intersection of health policy and the U.S. pharmaceutical business. Well-respected industry expert on drug pricing, reimbursement, access, and coverage issues.
This position reports to SVP, Market Access and can be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT or work remotely from a location within the U.S.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Development of long-term strategic relationships with key federal customers including Veterans Administration, Department of Defense, Indian Health Services, Medicare, and State Medicaid to achieve optimal outcomes for patients treated within the Federal systems of care.
- Ensure optimal access and appropriate utilization of the Arvinas portfolio of commercial products across Federal systems groups from the national to facility level.
- Development and implementation of Federal marketing strategies across the Arvinas portfolio of products by gaining input from cross functional colleagues including the national sales organization, contract / pricing, marketing, health economics and medical science liaison groups to facilitate national Federal patient product availability.
- Coordinate initiatives and drive sales in federal accounts partnering with product management, contracting, sales and marketing teams across the Arvinas portfolio of products.
- Optimizing product access and reducing barriers confronting Arvinas’s product portfolio.
- Enhancing key business relationships at VISNs, high priority VA Medical Centers (VAMCs), and other Federal healthcare agencies including both VA and DOD PBM in Hines, Ill and San Antonio, Texas respectively while communicating, coaching, collaborating, and coordinating with Arvinas stakeholders.
- Assist in market development and conditioning of Federal customers in disease states of interest to Arvinas.
- 15+ years of bio/pharmaceutical experience required with a key understanding of current US Federal markets.
- At least 10+ years of direct US Federal / Payer Account management experience (NAM, RAM, KAM)).
- Previous experience working in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry is required.
- Successful product launch experience in the US required, preference for Oncology drug launch.
- Seasoned Federal Accounts leader with Oncology experience preferred.
- In depth knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturer compliance requirements, patient confidentiality (HIPAA regulations), product reimbursement and product access.
- Knowledge and experience in FSS, Medicare Part D, Medicaid, and private payer policies, reimbursement process, health policy, areas of coverage and payment.
- Experience partnering with Federal customer stakeholders (VISN and VA Hospital Systems) to establish patient and HCP pull through support programs.
- Demonstrated experience in process development for coordination with HUB, co-pay, and other patient service providers.
- Demonstrated skills in business planning and payer strategy development with strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong communicator with the ability to influence others.
- Experience with Commercial Brand Planning process, able to translate brand disease state and business drivers into Federal programs.
- Ability to translate and compile data into comprehensive and functional reports.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills with demonstrated skills working cross functionally to gain alignment and improve business performance.
- Experience working in alliances/partnerships is a plus.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel as required for customer engagement, conferences, and internal meetings up to 50%
- Candidates must be flexible, possess positive mindsets, work with a high sense of urgency, and excel at collaboration with peers.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; degree in health sciences or business/marketing preferred.
- MBA or other advanced degree is a plus.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer