Arvinas is a clinical-stage biotechnology company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being co-developed and commercialized by Arvinas and Pfizer as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 400 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and mission – to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases by pioneering therapies created with our revolutionary PROTAC® protein degradation platform. We’re really excited about the work we’re doing inside and outside of Arvinas, and think you will be, too. But don’t just take our word for it – learn more about life at Arvinas and what employees have to say. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
This role leads Planning for all development (early and late-stage assets) for the organization. This role will be an owner and driver of tools, processes, and capabilities for driving planning excellence in asset teams and across the development portfolio.
This position reports to the Executive Director, Enterprise Project Management and Governance and can be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT or work remotely from a location within the U.S.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Drive the vision and evolution of planning capabilities at Arvinas, by establishing planning standards and driving the organization for the next generation of processes and capabilities needed
- Develop and drive a roadmap for the medium and long term view for the capability including system enhancements, updates to the templates, reporting capabilities, integration of planning data, structure of integrated program plans and sub plans and other such capability needs
- Lead the planning capabilities team, mentoring and coaching direct reports to deliver on aligned planning priorities
- Partner cross-functionally with asset and functional planners who will have a dotted line to this role, and enable delivery of planning outputs at the asset or a functional level
- Partner with the Portfolio Operations team to support the delivery of planning data for key portfolio reports, scenario planning, portfolio level prioritization and trade-offs
- Player/coach who can support prioritized planning requests cross functionally by serving as the planning lead for that specific effort
- Establish, implement and monitor enabling planning processes such as baselining, change control, scenario planning and others that help embed and standardize planning best practices within the organization
- Development of planning processes, best practices, standards, and training driving the organization in the embedding of the planning role and capability
- 10+ years in the pharmaceutical industry in roles associated with drug development and planning.
- 8+ years supporting cross-functional early and late-stage drug development teams in planning capacity.
- 5+ years of direct experience in identifying, gathering requirements and implementing planning systems e.g. Planisware/other portfolio and planning tools, their implementation, reporting capabilities
- PMP certification is desirable, but not required.
- Extensive experience in scheduling methodology
- Drug development knowledge with basic to strong understanding of other functions relevant to the position which may include: research, toxicology, clinical pharmacology, clinical, manufacturing, and regulatory.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members.
- Strong People management skills with a focus on team development, operating principles and norms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or Pharmacy. Advanced degree desirable.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer