Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: ARV-110 and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 300 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
The Neuroscience team is seeking a highly motivated and technically skilled student majoring in neuroscience, biochemistry, or related biological sciences. The student should have a strong interest in learning about drug discovery and development. This laboratory-based position will focus on cellular target engagement assay development to advance PROTAC degrader molecules. The student should be able to learn techniques quickly with the goal of eventually working independently. At the end of the summer, the student will be required to present their work at the Summer Student Colloquium.
This full-time position will be reporting to a Research Scientist at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Mammalian cell culture (e.g. splitting and seeding cells, transient transfections)
- Optimizing and running various plate-based assays
- Data analysis and interpretation using GraphPad Prism
- Documenting experimental work in an Electronic Laboratory Notebook
- Attend relevant project meetings and internal seminars
- Read and present key papers from relevant scientific literature at Student Journal Club
- Present their work at end-of-term Summer Student Colloquium
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced learning environment with the expectation to work independently after training.
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of multiple experiments at once.
- Open to constructive feedback and willingness to freely ask questions.
- Prior lab-based or independent research experience is required.
- Student currently enrolled in undergraduate degree program (preference to juniors/seniors) with a concentration in neuroscience, biochemistry, or related scientific field.
- Previous coursework related to neuroscience, cell biology, and/or pharmacology
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer