Arvinas is a clinical-stage biotechnology company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being co-developed and commercialized by Arvinas and Pfizer as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 400 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and mission – to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases by pioneering therapies created with our revolutionary PROTAC® protein degradation platform. We’re really excited about the work we’re doing inside and outside of Arvinas, and think you will be, too. But don’t just take our word for it – learn more about life at Arvinas and what employees have to say. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas has an exciting opportunity as a Specialist, Internal Communications, to support our internal communications efforts. We are looking for someone with creative ideas and who has a keen eye for detail to serve as a strategic advisor and hands-on partner to business functions and employee resource groups across the company. This position requires experience with a wide variety of business, employee, leadership, culture, and change management communications. Arvinas is a rapidly growing company, and thus, the role and responsibilities of the Communications team will evolve in the coming years.
This Specialist will report to the Associate Director, Corporate Communications, and this individual must be based in Connecticut. This will be a hybrid role, comprised of both remote work and onsite work as required, at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Support the execution of Arvinas’ overall communications strategy.
- Utilize multiple platforms and technologies to achieve communications goals including email marketing tools, Teams, SharePoint, and Yammer.
- Draft employee communications including company announcements, executive messages, news/feature stories.
- Maintain company intranet and related content.
- Utilize email software to distribute company-wide emails.
- Draft and distribute monthly employee newsletter.
- Identify unique and creative ways to inform, educate, and engage employees around areas important to their experience at Arvinas.
- Serve as the communications committee liaison and facilitator for internal employee resource groups.
- Support the planning and execution of town halls and other significant company-wide employee events.
- Partner with internal partners and stakeholders as needed on communications initiatives.
- Conduct employee assessments and surveys to collect feedback as appropriate.
- Work closely with various business and functional leaders/teams to strengthen employee engagement and reinforce a strong corporate culture.
- Collaborate with external agency partners to create communications content and meet objectives.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in corporate communications, including internal communications and event planning/support
- Proven ability to think broadly and strategically, connecting communications work to company objectives and priorities, and to consider the implication of projects to others’ work
- Experience developing messaging and communications plans
- Understanding of executive communications, employee engagement, communications channels
- A team-player with strong interpersonal skills
- A self-starter with willingness to think creatively and test new and unproven communications initiatives and channels to achieve communications objectives
- Experience with biotechnology or biopharmaceutical companies preferred
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment with multiple, competing priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years of related experience or a Master’s Degree with 3 years of related experience.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer