Arvinas is a clinical-stage biotechnology company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being co-developed and commercialized by Arvinas and Pfizer as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 400 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and mission – to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases by pioneering therapies created with our revolutionary PROTAC® protein degradation platform. We’re really excited about the work we’re doing inside and outside of Arvinas, and think you will be, too. But don’t just take our word for it – learn more about life at Arvinas and what employees have to say. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
The Senior Director, Patient Support Services is responsible for building and leading a high functioning team to ensure appropriate access and access solutions for patients and providers.
Leadership responsibilities include defining patient support services strategy to support access and appropriate adherence; and developing and executing patient support services tactical launch plan. This position is responsible for strategy, design, and implementation of new product launches for the Patient Support Services programs across the Arvinas portfolio. Position is responsible for leading a team of direct reports over the next 3-5 years as well as program and vendor management for all HUB, copay, adherence, and field reimbursement services.
This position reports to the SVP, Global and US Market Access, and is eligible to work in a hybrid or remote arrangement with travel to our headquarters as required by business needs.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the strategy development, design, vendor selection and implementation of Arvinas’s Patient Support Services operations.
- Monitor vendor operations for program effectiveness, drive continuous process improvements, budget analysis and cost management.
- Responsible for coordination with brand management, executive leadership and other key internal stakeholders including but not limited to legal, compliance, trade, and Market Access leads to align Hub, Specialty Pharmacy, call center services, with other patient access vendors.
- Implement the optimal Patient Support Services operations pre-launch for Arvinas’s breast cancer product, and other products as they advance.
- Lead and manage Patient Support Services with all stakeholders associated with 3PL, Specialty Distribution, Specialty Pharmacy, Office Dispensing Pharmacies, GPOs, and Federal Markets.
- Development of a comprehensive Patient Support Service strategy and tactical plan to maximize ARV-471.
- Manage Patient Support Service deliverables to ensure contractual requirements are met and financial implications are communicated (service levels).
- Lead multiple aspects of relationships with network channel partners including any future contract amendments that may be needed.
- Direct program improvements that increase service levels to customers and patients.
- Hold partners accountable to service level standards while nurturing strong relationships.
- Assist with the development of performance tracking system and other tools to track engagement and performance metrics.
- Perform data reporting requirements in conjunction with commercial analytics to perform assessments in Patient Support Services performance.
- Prepare and conduct quarterly business reviews with vendor partners.
- Work closely with Brand team on Patient Support Services packaging and artwork by acting as a liaison with internal functions CMC, Regulatory, Legal, Marketing, and external functions; Artwork Agency and packager (Co-pay program voucher, billing guide, patient guide etc.)
- Budget and vendor management to ensure timely and fiscally responsible project execution.
- 12+ years of bio/pharmaceutical experience required with a key understanding of current US pharmaceutical patient support service models.
- 8+ years of US management experience (Patient Support Services, 3PL, Specialty Distribution, Specialty Pharmacy).
- Previous experience working in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- In depth knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturer compliance requirements, patient confidentiality (HIPAA regulations), product reimbursement and product access.
- Knowledge and experience in Medicare Part A-D, Medicaid, and private payer policies, reimbursement process, health policy, areas of coverage and payment.
- Experience partnering with Specialty Pharmacies to establish fee for service patient and HCP support programs.
- Demonstrated experience in process development for coordination with HUB, co-pay, and other patient service providers.
- Demonstrated skills in business planning and patient support services strategy with strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and financial acumen required to managed complex contractual agreements.
- Strong communicator with the ability to influence others.
- Experience with Commercial Brand Planning process, able to translate brand disease state and business drivers into patient support programs and operational requirements.
- Lead strategy development, design, vendor selection, and implementation phases for end-to-end patient support services partnership.
- Ability to translate and compile data into comprehensive and functional reports.
- New product launch experience required.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills with demonstrated skills working cross functionally to gain alignment and improve business performance.
- Experience working in alliances/partnerships is a plus.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel as required for conferences and internal meetings up to 20%
- Candidates must be flexible, possess positive mindsets, work with a high sense of urgency, and excel at collaboration with peers.
- Bachelor's Degree required; degree in health sciences or business/marketing preferred.
- MBA or other advanced degree is a plus.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer