Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
This key position in our platform biology group will develop and perform mass spectrometry (MS) assays in support of proteomics applications for our therapeutic areas. The candidate will be expected to work with key stakeholders and under direction of senior members of the group to perform analyses to support our understanding of the mechanism of action, cell-based activity and biophysical properties of our small molecule protein degraders.
This position reports to a Research Fellow, under the supervision of a Senior Research Scientist in the Platform Biology department and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Perform protein sample preparation for LC-MS/MS analysis.
- Operate and queue Orbitrap MS systems for analysis of protein samples at maximum efficiency.
- Troubleshoot and maintain mass spectrometry and LC instrumentation for optimal sensitivity and performance.
- Document, compile and interpret experimental data; manage laboratory notebook, databases, and/ or spreadsheets to present data in a meaningful manner.
- Work with senior group members and project teams, validate assay protocols and analyze data for communication to therapeutic project teams
- Build strong relationships with internal partners, focused on trust, collaboration, and timely/ high-quality delivery on shared objectives
- Keep up to date on relevant scientific literature
- Hands-on experience with Orbitrap MS platforms
- Experience with liquid chromatography systems (nanoLC experience is preferred)
- Proficiency in MS acquisition methods such as data-dependent acquisition (DDA), data-independent acquisition (DIA), parallel reaction monitoring (PRM), etc.
- Extensive hands-on experience with MS proteomics sample preparation methods including BCA quantitation, tryptic digestion, peptide desalting, phosphopeptide enrichment, peptide labeling, peptide fractionation
- Experience with mass spectrometry analysis software packages including Proteome Discoverer, Scaffold, Skyline, and Xcalibur
- Ability to trouble-shoot and problem-solve independently while under general supervision by the project leader
- Ability to organize and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent data handling and recording skills as well as oral and written communication skills is required.
BS with 5+ years’ experience or MS in Analytical Chemistry/Biology with 2+ years’ relevant discipline with experience in proteomics and mass spectrometry.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer