Arvinas is a clinical-stage biotechnology company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being co-developed and commercialized by Arvinas and Pfizer as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 400 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and mission – to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases by pioneering therapies created with our revolutionary PROTAC® protein degradation platform. We’re really excited about the work we’re doing inside and outside of Arvinas, and think you will be, too. But don’t just take our word for it – learn more about life at Arvinas and what employees have to say. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
In the role as a Research Associate, you will prepare pharmaceutical formulations used in animal pharmacology and pharmacokinetic studies, and will work closely with compound management and in-life colleagues to make sure that dosing materials are available as needed. When issues related to formulation arise, you will serve as a primary problem-solving Formulation R&D contact for those in other disciplines. You will be responsible for ordering necessary excipients so that the animal studies will start on time and be comfortable dealing with last-minute scheduling changes.
This position reports to the Research Scientist, Technical Operations and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
- On a regular basis, prepare dosing formulations for use in pharmacology and pharmacokinetic studies in preclinical animal models
- Coordinate scheduling with in-life group personnel to assure timely delivery of formulations when they are needed
- Order formulation components and assure their on-time arrival
- Prepare related buffers and solutions
- Anticipate likely changes in dosing schedules and the resultant consequences for the timing of formulation preparation
- Troubleshoot formulation production and performance issues
- When needed, perform dosing solution stability tests
- When necessary, identify and employ appropriate formulations for animal studies
- Recognize/anticipate formulation-related problems, their impact on in-life activities, and independently respond to resolve them before they impact projects
- Provide additional laboratory support and maintenance as needed.
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience working in a laboratory with analytical instrumentation, preferably with previous experience in the field of pharmaceutical research and development
- HPLC skill is a plus
- Knowledge of and/or practiced asceptic techniques
- Ability to effectively prioritize activities and deliver on tight timelines
- Enjoy working with others in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects in parallel, paying careful attention to details
- Good time management and problem solving skills
- An interest in learning about formulation development and its role in the discovery environment
- Bachelors of Science degree in a physical science.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer