Arvinas is a clinical-stage biotechnology company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being co-developed and commercialized by Arvinas and Pfizer as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 400 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and mission – to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases by pioneering therapies created with our revolutionary PROTAC® protein degradation platform. We’re really excited about the work we’re doing inside and outside of Arvinas, and think you will be, too. But don’t just take our word for it – learn more about life at Arvinas and what employees have to say. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced HEOR professional. The selected candidate will be a member of the Medical Affairs Leadership team and is responsible for developing and executing the HEOR strategy for Arvinas assets, and eventually building out and leading the Health Economics and Outcome Research (HEOR) function at Arvinas. The Executive Director will be a strategic partner to cross-functional stakeholders, including clinical development, medical affairs, and market access.
This position reports to the Head of Medical Affairs, and can be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT or performed remotely from a location within the U.S.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the development and execution of the evidence generation strategy to support product clinical and economic value, in collaboration with cross-functional partners
- Lead/oversee the design, conduct, and management of HEOR and RWD studies, such as early economic models, burden of illness studies, external control arms to support single arm trials, etc.
- Build and lead the HEOR team and field HEOR capabilities commensurate to evolving Arvinas portfolio of oncology assets
- Collaborate with relevant team cross-functional team members to develop payer-specific value proposition for Arvinas assets
- Manage vendors in the conduct of HEOR and RWE projects
- Provide scientific support for protocol development, data collection strategies, literature review and evidence synthesis, and oversight to health economic model development
- Provide input into Patient Reported Outcomes (PRO) endpoints for clinical trials
- Generate publications to communicate study findings
- Provide input into payer-specific trial endpoints and additional analyses of pivotal trial datasets to support formulary/reimbursement submissions
- Lead and support early scientific advice engagements with key global health technology agencies (HTA) and support regulatory and HTA submissions, including development of comprehensive global tools such as dossiers and economic models to support pricing and market access
- Serve as member of the Medical Affairs Leadership Team
- Serve as key member of cross-functional development and medical teams
- 15+ years of related experience (e.g., consulting, and/or industry) with a minimum of 5 years in pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Oncology experience required
- Strong understanding of drug development process and life-cycle management
- Strong knowledge of major markets and their HTA policies
- Excellent understanding of HEOR and RWE concepts with hands on experience with HEOR methodologies across all phases of the product life cycle
- Previous experience in economic modeling, econometrics, retrospective database analysis, and/or epidemiology is preferred
- Able to prioritize and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Growth mindset with demonstrated ability to perform player-coach activities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time
- Advanced degree (Masters,. PhD, PharmD) in relevant field (e.g., outcomes research, health services research, epidemiology, health economics, health policy or related fields)
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer