Open Positions: Specialist, Facilities Technician
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing new small molecules ‒ known as PROTAC® (PROteolysis Targeting Chimera) protein degraders ‒ aimed at degrading disease-causing cellular proteins via proteolysis. Based on innovative research conducted at Yale University by Dr. Craig Crews, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, the company is translating natural protein degradation approaches into novel drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. Our proprietary PROTAC®-based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets.
As Arvinas continues to expand, we have a need for a Facilities Technician to support our exciting growth plan! This key role will perform light building, and equipment, maintenance, liaise with employees and vendors, prepare for on- and off-site events, support environmental, health, safety, shipping, receiving, and waste management efforts, among other varied tasks. The Facilities Technician will work to ensure that Arvinas facility operations run safely and smoothly while being efficient and cost-effective.
This is an hourly, overtime-eligible position. Typical working schedule will be Monday-Friday, however, occasional weekend/ after-hours work may be required as driven by business need. This position reports to the Director, Facilities and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts and/or assists in troubleshooting, repairs (corrective maintenance) and preventative maintenance of process equipment, building support systems, utility systems, automation systems, and laboratory systems
- Perform shipping and receiving duties for laboratory supplies and compounds
- Works with Lab representatives to maintain a working supply of disposables in the labs
- Interprets electrical schematics, I/O wiring and panel drawings, utility, process system/equipment, plumbing, ductwork, and HVAC P&ID's—liaise with external vendors in support of these systems.
- Constructively, collaboratively, and professionally interact with peers, company leadership, vendors, and visitors.
- Performs general labor, construction, and minor repair duties as needed and may be required to work in awkward locations
- Manage and execute office/ laboratory moves, respond to employee requests, assist in space-planning efforts, and maintain accurate records
- Support preparation/ set-up and take-down for on-site and off-site activities
- Works to limit any interruptions, disruptions, or losses arising from unscheduled downtime of client services. Systems operations and maintenance must be safe, reliable, and cost-effective.
- Attends all mandatory safety training and maintains a safe work environment by following OSHA/ IACUC/ etc. guidelines, relevant GxP regulations, and all facility safety policies and procedures.
- May assist in designing and drafting facility-related SOPs. Takes prompt action to correct conditions found to be out of compliance or unsafe.
- Escalate risks and concerns throughout the organization appropriately.
- Five (5) years of facility maintenance experience is required.
- Pharmaceutical/ Biotech/ Laboratory/ Vivarium-related experience preferred; knowledge of GxP standards is a plus.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required, to facilitate interactions with diverse group of internal and external stakeholders (including employees, senior leadership, external vendors, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Strong proficiency in trouble-shooting and problem-solving is required.
- Must be willing to work overtime to include starting work early or staying late past scheduled work hours based on business needs, if required.
- Must be willing to work some weekends/ company holidays based on a relevant business need, if required.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs
- Must be able to work using respirator
- High school diploma from an accredited school.
- Vocational/trade school training is a plus.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.