Open Positions: Specialist, CRO / Outsourcing Operations, Chemistry
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110, which is being developed as a potential treatment for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 200 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
This exciting new position on the Medicinal Chemistry team at Arvinas serves as a vital link in Arvinas partnerships between internal scientific stakeholders and external contract research organizations. The successful candidate will have a strong background in synthetic organic chemistry and the agility to manage multiple priorities, build global relationships and ensure the efficient delivery of high quality compounds.
Prior CRO management experience is ideal. Work hours will flex to support collaboration across global time zones.
This position would report to the Director of Chemistry CRO Operations and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT. Hybrid work arrangements may be considered.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the management of international chemistry CRO services, including daily chemistry activities at CROs
- Monitor and assist in expediting weekly compound shipments from CROs to Arvinas
- Track the progress of and organize for expedited retrieval experimental write-ups
- Work collaboratively with our internal project leaders and compound handling group to ensure effective communications to our CROs
- Work with our legal department to provide synthetic procedures needed for patent applications
- Provide analytical services for key compounds (purity, stability)
- Demonstrated ability to work with international chemistry CROs
- Strong background in synthetic organic chemistry
- Hands-on experience with analytical and purification techniques including NMR, HPLC, LC-MS, and preparative chromatography
- Detail-oriented, with good organizational and project management skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and deliver on tight timelines
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Proficient with ChemDraw, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Fluency in written and spoken Chinese is a plus
- BS/MS in synthetic/medicinal chemistry with 1 – 5 years of pharmaceutical lab experience
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer