Open Positions: Shipping and Receiving Technician, Facilities
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients suffering from debilitating and life-threatening diseases through the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapies that degrade disease-causing proteins. Arvinas uses its proprietary PROTAC® Discovery Engine platform to engineer proteolysis targeting chimeras, or PROTAC® targeted protein degraders, that are designed to harness the body’s own natural protein disposal system to selectively and efficiently degrade and remove disease-causing proteins. In addition to its robust preclinical pipeline of PROTAC® protein degraders against validated and “undruggable” targets, the company has two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110 for the treatment of men with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer; and ARV-471 for the treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic ER+/HER2- breast cancer. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
As Arvinas continues to expand, we have a need for a Shipping and Receiving Technician to support our exciting growth plan! This key role will focus on shipping, receiving, and stockroom management, will liaise with employees and vendors, and may also perform light building and equipment maintenance, prepare for on- and off-site events, support environmental, health, safety, and waste management efforts, among other varied tasks. The Shipping and Receiving Technician will work to ensure that Arvinas’ Shipping, Receiving,and Stockroom operations run safely and smoothly while being efficient and cost-effective.
This is an hourly, overtime-eligible position. Typical working schedule will be Monday-Friday, however, occasional weekend/ after-hours work may be required as driven by business need. This position reports to the Director, Facilities or designee and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the shipment and receipt of all products, materials, and supplies.
- Accurately receives and inputs receipts into Great Plains. Works with Finance department to resolve any S&R issues.
- Collaborates with the Facilities Lab Technician to ensure that lab consumables are on site and in labs when required for scientific projects.
- Work with Purchasing to ensure that the correct items and amounts of consumables are ordered on the appropriate schedule.
- Collaborates and communicates with logistics technicians, customer service representatives, service providers, and others involved in the shipment and receipt of products.
- Tracks, traces, and updates the status of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Sets up and maintains an organized Stockroom as a clean, neat, and member-ready area.
- Promptly unloads trucks and deliveries and sorts and stocks receivables.
- Maintains an accurate log sheet of daily moves, scans inventory, and counts accurately.
- Engages with vendors and drivers with a positive attitude.
- Provides additional backup support for other Facilities Maintenance activities.
- Constructively, collaboratively, and professionally interacts with peers, company leadership, vendors, and visitors.
- Attends all mandatory safety training and maintains a safe work environment by following OSHA/ IACUC/ etc. guidelines, relevant GxP regulations, and all facility safety policies and procedures.
- May assist in designing and drafting facility-related SOPs. Takes prompt action to correct conditions found to be out of compliance or unsafe.
- Escalates risks and concerns throughout the organization appropriately.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Five (5) years of relevant facility maintenance experience is required.
- Pharmaceutical/ Biotech/ Laboratory/ Vivarium-related experience preferred; knowledge of GxP standards is a plus.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required in order to facilitate interactions with diverse group of internal and external stakeholders (including employees, senior leadership, external vendors, etc.) Must be detail-oriented and solution-focused.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Understanding of Stockroom setup and operation is required; experience in managing a well-organized and efficient Stockroom is a very strong plus.
- Must be proficient in learning and operating computer software including Microsoft Office and specific programs related to performing Shipping and Receiving work; prior experience with Great Plains a strong plus.
- Must be willing to work overtime to include starting work early or staying late past scheduled work hours based on business needs, if required.
- Must be willing to work some weekends/ company holidays based on a relevant business need, if required.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to work using respirator, as required for specific tasks.
- High school diploma from an accredited school.
- Vocational/trade school training is a plus.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.