Open Positions: Senior Specialist, Payroll and Equity Plan Administration
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing new small molecules ‒ known as PROTAC® (PROteolysis Targeting Chimera) protein degraders ‒ aimed at degrading disease-causing cellular proteins via proteolysis. Based on innovative research conducted at Yale University by Dr. Craig Crews, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, the company is translating natural protein degradation approaches into novel drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. Our proprietary PROTAC®-based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
The Senior Specialist – Payroll & Equity Plan Administration will be a key member of the finance team and partner with the Accounting Manager in all administrative payroll and equity plan functions. This role will report directly to the Comptroller and will assist with all company payroll operations to successfully complete semimonthly payroll under strict deadlines and requirements. Additionally, this role will oversee the full stock plan administration cycle in partnership with Finance, Legal and Human Resources. This role requires an extremely detail oriented person who is comfortable with a fluid responsibility set that will adapt with the changing needs of the organization and department. This position is located at our corporate headquarters in New Haven, CT.
- Partner with payroll vendor to provide full support of biweekly payroll processing while meeting all process timelines, data input requirements and controls.
- Maintain accurate payroll records and ensure adherence to payroll policies and procedures
- Review payroll and audit processes for accuracy and make recommendation to improve or create new processes and auditing tools.
- Collect and validate payroll inputs, bonus payments, additional pay items, and deductions
- Review payroll tax reports for accuracy and resolve payroll tax issues with various regulatory agencies and ADP.
- Research and resolve employee payroll and system issues
- Owning and completing complex and sensitive projects, as needed
- Seeking innovative ways to improve payroll processes or procedures, including internal control procedures
- Coordinating year-end reporting and issuing annual employee tax documents
- Maintain and update the equity administration tool, Shareworks, and partner with equity administration vendor, Solium, on maximizing value and utilization of equity tool platform and reporting
- Prepare and process new equity awards and terminations
- Supports the development and implementation of communications and updates for the participant population on all equity plan programs, e.g., ESPP, annual equity grants, Board grants, and new employee grants
- Assists with maintaining trading blackout periods, pre-clearance and enforcement of insider trading policy restrictions in partnership with Legal and Human Resources
- Respond to employee inquiries and requests regarding company plans and grants
- Provide accurate, timely, and usable information to internal customers, e.g., employees, managers, Payroll and Human Resources departments
Functional Knowledge and Skills
- Complete knowledge and understanding of current federal, state and local tax laws that pertain payroll processing
- Complete knowledge/understanding of payroll concepts; Gross wages, taxable wages, sui wages, pre/post tax deductions, tax withholdings, accruals, garnishments, moving/relocation expenses, overtime pay, bonus pay, taxation of de minimis fringe benefits, proper handling of overpayment/repayment of wages, etc.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of payroll utilizing ADP Workforce Now is preferred
- Direct experience with Solium/Shareworks stock administration tool is preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all organization information
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 4 years relevant work experience
- Minimum 3+ years of payroll and stock administration experience in a public company
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.