Open Positions: Senior Research Scientist, Platform Biology
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients suffering from debilitating and life-threatening diseases through the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapies that degrade disease-causing proteins. Arvinas uses its proprietary PROTAC® Discovery Engine platform to engineer proteolysis targeting chimeras, or PROTAC® targeted protein degraders, that are designed to harness the body’s own natural protein disposal system to selectively and efficiently degrade and remove disease-causing proteins. In addition to its robust preclinical pipeline of PROTAC® protein degraders against validated and “undruggable” targets, the company has two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110 for the treatment of men with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer; and ARV-471 for the treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic ER+/HER2- breast cancer. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
Join the rapidly growing team at Arvinas, the leader in developing therapeutic PROTAC-mediated protein degradation. Your focus will be to develop, implement and execute innovative in vitro assay approaches to support program lead identification and optimization and also be highly proficient with assay automation and analysis. As one of the key hires for the company, you will work in close collaboration with leaders and scientists to ensure that our platform technology evolves based on a rigorous scientific foundation. Working closely with Principal Research Investigator and Arvinas leadership you will help realize the vision of the Arvinas Functional Area Support Team (FAST). This position reports to the Principal Research Investigator and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Innovative, creative, inquisitive, motivated researcher with strong problem-solving and analytical skills, able to flourish in a fast paced, fluid biotech and collaborative environment.Experience in the ubiquitin-proteasome system, or targeted protein degradation, preferred
- Strong expertise in cell biology, drug discovery approaches, biochemical and biophysical techniques.
- Experience in developing assays on automated or semi-automated screening platforms to profile compounds for structure activity relationships using mechanistic, functional and phenotypic medium to high-throughput readoutsELISA, quantitative Western, High Content Imaging, Bioluminescent (nanoBRET) / Fluorescence assays, Alphascreen, TR-FRET, etc.)
- Experience with target validation approaches using chemical genomics, RNAi and CRISPR
- Recombinant cell line construction, Lentiviral infection of primary, cancer cell lines and iPSC a plus
- Proficient with data analysis and curation and advanced skills with data analysis software (KNIME, Pipeline Pilot, R, Python, Graphpad Prizm, Excel, etc).
- Innovative, creative, inquisitive, motivated researcher with strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to advance new scientific understanding
- Experience in the ubiquitin-proteasome system, or targeted protein degradation, a plus
- Manages time for yourself and junior group members and balances work between bench and desk
- B.S./ M.S with 12+ years or Ph.D. with 5+ years of pharma- or biotech experience in cellular and molecular biology, pharmacology, biochemistry, assay development and screening with plate-based formats and high-content analysis. Experience in neuroscience, cancer cell biology, immunology and drug discovery strongly preferred.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.