Open Positions: Senior Research Scientist, Immunology and Immuno-oncology
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Senior Research Scientist, Immuno-oncology and Immunology will lead independent preclinical discovery projects(s). S/He will design, conduct and analyze in vitro experiments in the cellular immunology field, and may supervise one or more associate scientists.
This position reports to the Executive Director, IO-IMM, and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Lead preclinical discovery projects with minimal supervision.
- Communicate and work closely with other drug discovery functional representatives, such as Chemistry, In vivo, ADME etc.
- Design, execute, interpret and improve in vitro experiments in the cellular immunology field using mouse and human primary cells and cell lines. Assays may include but are not limited to cellular signaling, protein measurements, cellular differentiation, proliferation, cytokine measurements, receptor binding and may utilize diverse techniques such as multiplex-assays, FACS analysis and sorting, MACS based enrichment and purification etc.
- Guide and mentor junior research associates, and excellent communication skills required.
- PhD in Cellular Immunology or related biology with minimum of 2-4 years of academic post-doctoral experience required. Industry experience preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of cellular immunology pathways in the field of T cell biology, NK cell biology and innate immunity required.
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience in supervisory responsibilities to guide and mentor early career scientists.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- PhD in Cellular Immunology or related biology with minimum of 2-4 years of academic post-doctoral experience required
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer