Open Positions: Senior Research Scientist, Immunology and Immuno-oncology
Arvinas is a pharmaceutical company focused on developing new small molecules ‒ known as PROTAC®s (PROteolysis TArgeting Chimeras) ‒ aimed at degrading disease-causing cellular proteins via proteolysis. Based on innovative research conducted at Yale University by Dr. Craig Crews, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, the company is translating natural protein degradation approaches into novel drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. The proprietary PROTAC®-based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets.
Senior Research Scientist, Immuno-oncology and Immunology will lead independent preclinical discovery projects(s). S/He will design, conduct and analyze in vitro experiments in the cellular immunology field, and may supervise one or more associate scientists.
This position reports to the Executive Director, IO-IMM, and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Lead preclinical discovery projects in immuno-oncology and autoimmunity with some supervision from the manager; she/he will communicate and work closely with other drug discovery functional representatives, such as medicinal chemistry, In vivo pharmacology, ADME etc.
- Design, execute, interpret and improve in vitro experiments in the cellular immunology field using mouse and human primary cells and cell lines. Knowledge of cellular immunology pathways in the field of T cell biology, myeloid cell biology, and innate immunity required. Assays may include but not limited to cellular signaling, protein measurements, cellular differentiation, proliferation, cytokine measurements, and may utilize diverse techniques such as Western blots, multiplex-assays, FACS analysis and sorting, MACS or density based enrichment and purification etc.
- Experience in supervisory responsibilities to guide and mentor junior research associates, and excellent communication skills required.
- PhD in Cellular Immunology or related biology with minimum of 2-4 years of academic post-doctoral experience required. 1-2 years of demonstated supervisory role required. Industry experience preferred but not required.
- PhD in Cellular Immunology or related biology with minimum of 2-4 years of academic post-doctoral experience required. Industry based post-doctoral training or drug discovery experience will be considered plus.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.