Open Positions: Research Investigator, Immunology and Immuno-oncology
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients suffering from debilitating and life-threatening diseases through the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapies that degrade disease-causing proteins. Arvinas uses its proprietary PROTAC® Discovery Engine platform to engineer proteolysis targeting chimeras, or PROTAC® targeted protein degraders, that are designed to harness the body’s own natural protein disposal system to selectively and efficiently degrade and remove disease-causing proteins. In addition to its robust preclinical pipeline of PROTAC® protein degraders against validated and “undruggable” targets, the company has two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110 for the treatment of men with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer; and ARV-471 for the treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic ER+/HER2- breast cancer. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
We are looking for a candidate with passion and curiosity who can visualize the amazing possibilities of utilizing protein-degradation technology to Immuno-oncology and autoimmunity drug discovery. The candidate will be bold in his/her vision, a self-starter, and fearless in proposing new scientific ideas tha are at the cutting edge of the evolving immunology literature.
As a Research Investigator at Arvinas you will lead drug discovery projects, design, conduct and analyze in vitro experiments in adaptive and innate immunity. You will have the scientific depth and passion to supervise one or more associate scientists. This position will be one of the key leaders in Immunology department interfacing with the internal drug discovery project(s) teams as well as independently interacting with the external CROs.
This position reports to the Executive Director, IO-IMM, and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Independently Lead preclinical discovery projects in immuno-oncology and autoimmunity; she/he will communicate and work closely with other drug discovery functional representatives, such as medicinal chemistry, In vivo pharmacology, protein chemistry and biology.
- As a key leader within Immunology department, this position will interact with the scientific leadership of the company to effectively communicate scientific ideas, data, future trends and best industry practices.
- As an expert cellular immunologist, the candidate will help design, execute, interpret and improve in vitro experiments using mouse and human primary cells and cell lines. Expertise of cellular immunology pathways in the field of adaptive, innate, and NK cell biology are required. Assays may include but not limited to cellular signaling, protein measurements, cellular differentiation, proliferation, cytokine measurements, and may utilize diverse techniques such as Western blots, multiplex-assays, complex FACS analyses and sorting, MACS or density based enrichment and purification etc.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot complex cellular experiments, and an ability to confidently utilize the cutting edge technologies towards the scientific questions at hand is expected.
- The incumbent will be passionate about developing the careers of junior scientists. Thus, an experience in previous supervisory responsibilities to guide and mentor junior research associates, either in academic or industry, is a must have.
- PhD in Cellular Immunology or related biology (e.g. Biochemistry, Cellular and molecular biology and others) with minimum of 2-4 years of academic or industry post-doctoral experience required.
- As a leader in immunology, a demonstrable publication records in top tier immunological journals and at least 2 years of demonstrated supervisory role are required.
- Industry experience in preclinical drug discovery is preferred.
- PhD with focus on immunological research with productive publication record in pre and post-doctoral research. Industry based post-doctoral training or drug discovery experience will be considered plus.
Please send CV and Cover Letter to Careers@Arvinas.com
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.