Open Positions: Senior Research Scientist, Biology
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
This key position is for a drug discovery and development project leader to support internal or external partnership/ collaboration efforts across one or more diverse therapeutic areas. The incumbent may supervise a research associate.
This position reports to a Senior Research Investigator, Biology and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Develop compound profiling assays to support chemistry efforts in developing structure-activity relationships that guide lead identification, optimization & development candidate selection
- Assay optimization to ensure quality and easily interpretable data is generated
- Present data and project plans in project team meetings both internally and externally
- Build strong alliances with external partners, focused on trust, collaboration, and timely/ high-quality delivery on shared objectives.
- As an expert cellular biologist, the candidate will help design, execute, interpret and improve in vitro experiments using primary cells and cell lines.
- Assays may include but are not limited to cellular signaling, protein measurements, cellular differentiation, proliferation, RT-PCR, and overexpression or knockdown studies.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot complex cellular experiments, and an ability to confidently utilize the cutting edge technologies towards the scientific questions at hand is expected.
- PhD with 3 years Postdoc or Industry experience
- Molecular-genetic understanding of cancer or other targeted disease area; facility incorporating this knowledge into drug discovery
- A demonstrated ability to innovate and to advance new scientific understanding
- Demonstrated success in working on a cross-disciplinary project team; integrating and evaluating the work of multiple groups / functions
- Knowledge of assays & metrics that report on potency, selectivity, ADME, PK, PD & efficacy
- Innovative, motivated, researcher with strong problem solving and communication skills
- Experience in developing assays to profile compounds using mechanistic and functional readouts
- Broad scientific skillset with expertise in assay development, cell signaling, cell biology, and protein analysis
- Demonstrable skill at building productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, ability to influence and seek innovative solutions to complex scientific and strategic challenges.
- Recruit, retain, and develop world-class scientific talent
- Lead and participate on cross-disciplinary, drug discovery project teams; integrate and evaluate the work of a drug discovery group to determine optimal solutions to discovery challenges
- Educate, support, coach, mentor, motivate, and grow scientists who are developing expertise in various therapeutic areas, in either a supervisory or matrix leadership capacity
- Strong publication record desired.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer