Open Positions: Senior Research Scientist, Bioinformatics-Remote
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
This key position in our Platform Biology group will aid in the design, analysis, and interpretation of genomic-scale studies such as bulk and single cell NGS, and proteomics. The candidate will be expected to work with key stakeholders to perform analyses to support our understanding of the mechanism of action, cell-based activity and optimization of our small molecule protein degraders.
This position reports to the leader of Bioinformatics and Proteomics in Platform Biology, and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT. This position may also be performed remotely from another location within the U.S.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Apply and develop solutions for analysis of high-dimensional data sets to support drug discovery programs and platform development
- Integrate external and internal multi-omics data sets to provide mechanistic insights and support novel target and biomarker identification
- Work closely with proteomics team members to provide innovative data management and analytical methods
- Collaborate with computational chemistry and structural biology colleagues
- Provide biological interpretation of complex datasets, and present them in a clear and understandable way
- Maintain proper recordkeeping
- Keep up to date on relevant scientific literature
- Experience analyzing functional genomics data, proteomics data, and multi-omics data integration
- Strong skills in relevant programming languages (e.g. Python, R/Shiny, SQL, Linux shell scripting), Bioconductor packages, workflow description languages, statistical software, visualization tools
- Experience with sequence analysis tools for alignment, RNA and protein secondary structure prediction
- Familiarity with biological databases - e.g. UniProt, Ensembl, NCBI resources, DepMap, etc.
- Experience working in a high-performance computing and/or cloud computing environment
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary, and collaborative environment
- Strong abilities to quickly learn new skills and adapt to challenges on the job
- Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to communicate in an open, timely and consistent manner
- Publication record in peer reviewed journals
- M.S. degree with 10+ yrs’ experience or Ph.D. with 2+ yrs’ relevant experience in bioinformatics and computational biology
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer