Open Positions: Senior Project Manager, Discovery and R&D
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110, which is being developed as a potential treatment for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 200 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
This role will provide project management support both at a Discovery portfolio level and at an individual asset/team level. The role will drive project and planning activities for the assigned areas. This role will be a part of the Enterprise Project management organization that has the remit to provide strategic integrated project management support for all aspects of the portfolio and key R&D and enterprise functions.
This position reports to Director, Project Management, Discovery and can be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT or remote in the U.S.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- In partnership with cross functional team, drive and contribute to asset/functional team ensuring strategy and execution alignment
- Develop, maintenance, proactive tracking and management of a high quality integrated project plans for multiple discovery projects
- Facilitate discussions to drive towards program or initiative decisions
- Identify, communicate and manage project and asset risks
- Ability to conduct process analysis and develop and implement plans
- Coordinate project team meeting and generate meeting minutes
- Act as an interface with scientists to ensure smooth communication in internal programs as well as with external collaborators
- Ability to manage and create project plans across Therapeutic Areas in assisting Discovery teams
- Contributes to business processes and continuous improvement in support of the Discovery portfolio
- Willing to identify, development and/or implement forward thinking research and development initiatives to support company transformation
- Support establishing Project management best practices around tools, dashboards, change management and other key elements.
- 8+ years in the pharmaceutical industry in roles associated with discovery, drug development and cross functional project management
- 5+ years supporting cross-functional drug development teams in core function
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills; effective interaction with cross functional team members.
- Experienced in managing multiple initiatives while working in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Skilled in managing multi-disciplinary teams both internally and externally
- Experience with scheduling methodologies as well as technological literacy with computer applications necessary to create, manage and analyze project timelines
- Flexibility in understand the needs of teams.
- Proficiency with Project Management related and Microsoft Office Software Programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or Pharmacy.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer