Open Positions: Senior Manager, Quality Assurance
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110, which is being developed as a potential treatment for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 200 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
The Senior Manager, Quality Assurance is responsible for executing the requirements of the Arvinas Quality Systems as they pertain to the development, manufacturing, testing, release, shipment and/or distribution of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs), API and drug product intermediates, and drug products under development by the company. The position also contributes to the development, performance monitoring and continuous improvement initiatives related to the company’s Quality Systems and their associated processes and procedures.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, Quality the position provides technical support and quality assurance oversight for the various contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs) and service providers that perform product development and GMP-related activities for the company.
The incumbent works directly with the Arvinas Quality team; members of Arvinas Technical Operations; and the corresponding operations and quality assurance staff of the various CMOs and service providers to ensure effective execution of the Arvinas Quality System requirements and compliance with the applicable GMP regulations / guidelines and industry standards.
This position reports to the Executive Director, Quality in New Haven, CT and may be performed remotely from a location in the US.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Quality Assurance oversight of activities performed at suppliers (CMOs and GMP-related service providers) involving the development, manufacturing, testing, shipment and/or distribution of Arvinas products. These activities may include, but are not limited to:
- On-site or remote/virtual auditing to support approval of new suppliers; on-going qualification of existing suppliers; or to investigate specific events involving GMP compliance or product quality (‘for cause’ audits). Review and follow-up on audit responses from suppliers to ensure appropriate corrective and preventive actions (CAPA) are assigned and executed.
- Review and approval of master batch records; product and material specifications; certificates of analysis; stability protocols and reports; validation protocols and reports; and other GMP-related documentation as developed by the CMOs or Arvinas Technical Operations.
- Review of executed batch records, in-process test results, deviations, and laboratory records, including raw data, as required to accept or reject product (API, intermediates, drug products) produced at Arvinas approved CMOs. Issuance of batch releases or rejections on behalf of the company, as appropriate.
- Review and / or approval of deviations, CAPA, change requests and other related documentation as generated by third parties, e.g., CMOs or service providers, or internal Arvinas sources. Interfaces with the CMOs or internal Technical Operations to resolve any concerns, gaps or discrepancies. Tracking of CMO deviations, CAPA and change requests per Arvinas Quality System requirements.
- Monitors the performance of third party suppliers (e.g., CMOs) with respect to deviations, CAPA, audit results, regulatory inspections and reports on metrics related to supplier performance.
- Participates as a key member of the project teams to ensure timely execution of responsibilities to meet the established project timelines.
- Development and review of Arvinas Quality System procedures and work practices. Provides assessments and recommendations for improvements to existing quality system processes and procedures.
- 7+ years of pharmaceutical quality assurance experience in support of product development, clinical and/or commercial manufacturing operations.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of API and drug product (oral solids) manufacturing processes and test methods.
- Experience with the application of phase-appropriate quality systems across the product development lifecycle (Phase 1 through commercial) preferred.
- 5+ years of Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance experience in management / oversight of third parties, e.g., CMOs, contract laboratories, clinical supply depots / distribution centers, including the conduct of qualification / GMP compliance audits.
- Strong working knowledge in the application of the US and EU GMP regulations; ICH Guidances; and industry standard requirements for Pharmaceutical Quality Systems.
- Strong communication skills (verbal / written).
- Ability to effectively communicate with third party technical and quality assurance representatives to ensure Arvinas requirements are met and to resolve issues / discrepancies.
- Ability to prepare standard operating procedures, change requests and deviation / CAPA reports in accordance with Arvinas Quality System requirements.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, manage competing priorities, and collaborate cross-functionally in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on experience with the use of electronic document management and QMS systems; Veeva QualityDocs experience is a plus.
- B.S. in Chemistry, Pharmacy or a related scientific field.
- Advanced degree a plus, but not required.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer