Open Positions: Senior Director, Market Access and Reimbursement
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
The Senior Director, US/Global Market Access & Reimbursement will be responsible for developing and implementing US market access strategies and initiatives to support the launch of Arvinas’ first product and our potential future treatments in the US and ex-US. This individual will be a key leader in developing and driving the Market Access strategy as part of building the global brand strategy and launch plan, while expertly representing the function within the development team and other global strategy teams. This role will require building strong relationships and effective collaboration with our co-development and co-commercialization alliance partner. This role will focus on organizational strategy and execution in the US market but have a global and strategic scope. The successful incumbent will provide commercial/payer guidance for clinical trial evidence gaps and provide guidance for pricing, reimbursement, access systems, and labeling decisions. The scope of this role will also include providing market access support for portfolio indications and may extend across therapy areas of oncology, immune-oncology, neuroscience, and immunology.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Corporate and Business Development and can be located in New Haven, CT or can be performed remotely from within the United States.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Lead execution of key US market access initiatives including development of pricing, reimbursement and contracting strategy, trade and distribution model, channel strategy, and related implementation
- Lead development of global market access strategy as part of the cross-functional integrated launch plan in preparation for Arvinas’ first product launch and potential future launches
- Lead Global pricing and reimbursement/coverage strategy and build foundational work to support US and ex-US markets including global value dossier, messaging, budget impact and health economic modelling
- Provide expert input to shape the design of the optimal market access organization structure, patient support and field reimbursement teams to enable launch success and is aligned with a small, innovative biotech mindset
- Represent market access function as an active member of the global program and commercial product teams
- Manage partnerships and alliances to ensure globally aligned market access strategies and tactics; track alliance performance and investments to maximize product potential
- Represent Arvinas and serve as the subject matter expert on relevant governance committees for partnered asset(s), where appropriate
- Lead creation and communication of a compelling economic value proposition to payers, physicians and patients
- Conduct and integrate pricing, payer research, health economic and epidemiology insights to develop the optimal value strategy
- Engage with key customers that are critical to support the availability of our medicines with a thoughtful, creative, patient-forward approach
- Interface with external organizations, including vendors, payers, SPPs, PBMs, COA, NCODA, ASCO, and NCCN
- Plan, measure and report activity, milestones, launch readiness, post launch execution.
- Provide expert opinion on pricing and reimbursement for Arvinas pipeline products and target product profile to ensure our future therapies have a robust value proposition for payers and access decision-makers
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience as a market access leader that includes the launch and commercialization of innovative, first-in-class, oral, specialty pharmaceutical products
- Prior experience in oncology and/or precision medicine is strongly preferred
- Prior experience in a small, rapidly growing company is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in the conception, development and execution of market access plans for highly specialized oral products in the U.S.
- Superior leadership skills with ability to help build and motivate a high performing commercial organization
- Deep understanding of US market access environment with knowledge of recent policy changes, external product launches and current dynamics in Oncology. Experience & understanding of market access dynamics in Neuroscience is also a plus
- Have strong influencing/negotiation skills and able to work at peer-level across functions and within an alliance partnership.
- Comfortable in a results-driven, highly accountable environment, with the ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously that will make an impact on the growth and evolution of the company
- Experience in collaborating with payer, HTA agencies, and access policymakers and thought leaders and patient advocacy organizations
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively and embodies the Arvinas core values of pioneering, excellence, community, and commitment.
- A passion for pioneering science; ability to translate complex science into impactful messaging.
- A genuine care for patients and a desire to make a meaningful difference in their lives
- Bachelor’s degree is required with preference for science background
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer