Open Positions: Senior Director, Functional Area Support Team (FAST)
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110, which is being developed as a potential treatment for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 200 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
We are looking for a candidate with passion and innovation who can imagine the possibilities of expanding insights into protein-degradation technology as a Functional Area Support -Team (FAS-T) Leader within the Platform Biology Leadership team. The FAS-Team leader candidate will be bold in his/her vision and fearless in proposing new scientific and technologic ideas that are at the cutting edge of the evolving Assay Technologies, Proteomics, Bioinformatics/ Computational Biology and Compound Management teams.
This position reports to the VP of Platform Biology and Neuroscience and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key leadership responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Oversight of development of assays to assess pharmacology of compounds for structure activity relationships using mechanistic and functional assay approaches. These include medium to high-throughput readouts (High Content Image Analysis Quantification and Data reporting, ELISA, quantitative Western, High Content Imaging, Bioluminescent (nanoBRET) / Fluorescence assays, MSD or ELISA based formats, Wes or immunoblot and other quantitative protein measures and approached to understanding changes in cellular protein levels.
- Manage team tasked with development of techniques to enable PROTAC discovery through determination of binding affinities, binding kinetics and protein-protein interactions as well as pathway analysis
- Leverage insights and principles behind multiple assay platforms for measuring target engagement, ubiquitylation, and apply them to the ubiquitin-proteasome system and targeted protein degradation
- Apply excellent organizational and prioritization skills; demonstrate accomplished biologic and biochemical academic record with laboratory experience. Analyze data using strong background in quantitative sciences.
- Develop and train team members to use quantitative informatics systems in a drug discovery environment for analysis of plate based pharmacology and high-content analysis using Columbus or related platform tools. Enable data visualization using Spot Fire and similar research applications.
- This leader supervises the head of Bioinformatics and Proteomics to inform ligand and degrader selectivity, mechanism-of-action, biomarkers by leveraging DIA, TMT, HDX, etc. This leader will also work to enable Bioinformatic pipelines working with Research Informatics and internal /external data sets.
- Oversee the leader of the Compound Management to aid in effective compound acquisition, compound handling, quality control, compound request system as well as managing CRO requests for exposure/ PK data.
- You will have the scientific depth and passion to lead a team of highly accomplished scientists. This position will be one of the key leaders in the Platform Biology department interfacing with the internal drug discovery project(s) teams as well as independently interacting with the external CROs, academic and Biopharma collaborators.
- This leader will interact, communicate scientific strategy, high level data summaries and Independently Lead preclinical discovery projects in immuno-oncology and autoimmunity; she/he will communicate and work closely with other drug discovery functional representatives, such as medicinal chemistry, In vivo pharmacology, protein chemistry and biology.
- Partner with diverse project teams in complex scheduling of work and generation of data in support of drug discovery and development programs. Troubleshoot through technical and scientific challenges in order to deliver critical data.
- Organize experimental results to be shared with project teams; openly communicate with chemistry; maintain clear experimental records.
- The incumbent will be passionate about developing the careers of junior scientists. Thus, an experience in previous supervisory responsibilities to guide and mentor scientist, either in academic or industry, is a must have.
- Ph.D. with 15 + years of pharma- or biotech experience in cellular and molecular biology, pharmacology, biochemistry, assay development and screening with plate-based formats and high-content analysis. Focus on neuroscience, cancer cell biology and drug discovery strongly preferred.
- Innovative, creative, inquisitive, motivated researcher with strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to advance new scientific understanding
- Experience in the ubiquitin-proteasome system, or targeted protein degradation, a plus
- Demonstrated success in directly managing senior scientists and associate scientists, strategically leading a critical R&D business function, as well as leading and motivating cross-functional project teams.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer