Open Positions: Senior Associate Scientist, Proteomics
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients suffering from debilitating and life-threatening diseases through the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapies that degrade disease-causing proteins. Arvinas uses its proprietary PROTAC® Discovery Engine platform to engineer proteolysis targeting chimeras, or PROTAC® targeted protein degraders, that are designed to harness the body’s own natural protein disposal system to selectively and efficiently degrade and remove disease-causing proteins. In addition to its robust preclinical pipeline of PROTAC® protein degraders against validated and “undruggable” targets, the company has two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110 for the treatment of men with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer; and ARV-471 for the treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic ER+/HER2- breast cancer. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
This key position in our platform biology group will develop and perform mass spectrometry (MS) assays in support of proteomics applications for our therapeutic areas. The candidate will be expected to work with key stakeholders and under direction of senior members of the group to perform analyses to support our understanding of the mechanism of action, cell-based activity and biophysical properties of our small molecule protein degraders.
This position reports to Principal Research Investigator, under the supervision of Senior Research Scientist in the Platform Biology department and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and optimize MS assays for both global and targeted identification and quantitation of proteins from biological samples.
- Operate and queue Orbitrap MS systems for analysis of protein samples at maximum efficiency.
- Troubleshoot and maintain mass spectrometry and LC instrumentation for optimal sensitivity and performance.
- Perform MS spectral searches and perform quantitation and statistical analysis of results.
- Document, compile and interpret experimental data; manage laboratory notebook, databases, and/ or spreadsheets to present data in a meaningful manner.
- Work with senior group members and project teams, validate assay protocols and analyze data for communication to therapeutic project teams
- Build strong relationships with internal partners, focused on trust, collaboration, and timely/ high-quality delivery on shared objectives
- Keep up to date on relevant scientific literature
- Extensive hands-on experience with Orbitrap MS platforms
- Experience with liquid chromatography systems (nanoLC experience is preferred)
- Proficiency in MS acquisition methods such as data-dependent acquisition (DDA), data-independent acquisition (DIA), parallel reaction monitoring (PRM), etc.
- Experience with labeled MS quantitation methods such as TMT and iTRAQ
- Hands-on experience with MS proteomics sample preparation methods including BCA quantitation, tryptic digestion, peptide desalting, phosphopeptide enrichment, peptide labeling
- Experience with targeted MS protein quantitation using heavy isotope labeled standards
- Experience with top-down MS methods for intact protein analysis
- Proficiency in mass spectrometry analysis software packages including Proteome Discoverer, Scaffold, and Skyline.
- Ability to trouble-shoot and problem-solve independently while under general supervision by the project leader
- Ability to organize and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent data handling and recording skills as well as oral and written communication skills is required.
BS with 5+ years’ experience or MS in Analytical Chemistry/Biology or relevant discipline with experience in proteomics and mass spectrometry.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.