Open Positions: Senior Associate Scientist, Molecular Biology
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
The Exploratory Neuroscience group is looking for a well-organized, methodically working, and highly motivated Associate Scientist. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a dynamic and fast paced group that is focused on the discovery and development of PROTACs to treat neurological diseases.
This position is laboratory/wet bench based and requires strong experimental technique, molecular biology experience, and the ability to deliver quality data in a timely manner from high throughput cell-based assays and work effectively with team members in support of small molecule drug discovery efforts. Data analysis and interpretation is required, as will be method development where appropriate.
This position reports to Senior Research Investigator and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Design, execute, and troubleshoot experiments, independently and in collaboration with colleagues.
- Molecular biology, including standard and multi-fragment cloning. PCR, virus production, and cell line engineering.
- Primary, immortalized, and stem cell culture.
- Production, quality control, and cryopreservation of stem cell-derived central nervous system cell types.
- Routine biochemical techniques (ELISA, Western blotting, etc.).
- Document, compile, and interpret experimental data; manage laboratory notebook, databases, and/or spreadsheets to present data in a meaningful manner.
- Interact and collaborate with biology and chemistry team members to contribute to drug discovery and development program progression, present data at regular team meetings.
- Strong working knowledge of molecular biology and cloning techniques.
- Experience with cell maintenance, propagation, and cryopreservation. Stem cell experience a plus.
- Strong communication skills, capable of independent and collaborative work
- Open to constructive feedback, and freely asks questions
- Interest in applying analytical and statistical methods to cell biology a plus
- BS with 5+ years or MS with 2+ years in biology, neuroscience, or related field.
- Training in stem cell culture and differentiation will be provided as needed.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer