Open Positions: Senior Associate Scientist, in Vitro Biology, Neuroscience
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
We are seeking a dynamic, curious, highly motivated Associate Scientist to fulfill an important role in a fast-paced drug discovery environment. In the Neuroscience Department, you will work in a matrix environment to develop robust in vitro assays to support our discovery pipeline. This is a full-time laboratory position requiring a scientist with excellent experimental technique, strong collaboration and communication skills, and the ability to multitask. Data analysis and interpretation are an important part of the role, as are scientific and analytical methods development where appropriate.
This position reports to a Senior Research Scientist, inVitro Biology, Neuroscience, and is located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Working in a highly collaborative team environment and with close support from the Manager, the incumbent will independently design, optimize, and run plate-based in vitro assays to define structure activity relationships. Modalities include, but are not limited to, High Content Imaging, ELISA/MSD, standard Western blot and capillary electrophoresis assays, and other quantitative protein measures.
- Maintenance, transfection, and harvesting of cell cultures for assay development and screens.
- Apply excellent organizational, record keeping, and prioritization skills.
- Consult with scientific literature and team members as needed to better understand scientific experiments and propose solutions to emerging problems.
- Partner with diverse project teams in complex scheduling of work and generation of data in support of drug discovery and development programs. Meet technical and scientific challenges head on to deliver critical data.
- Organize, document, compile and interpret experimental results to be shared with project teams.
- Maintain clear experimental records; contribute to regulatory filings.
- Cell culture & basic molecular biology experience required.
- Standard cell culture technique, including maintaining, transfecting, freezing, and plating of cell lines.
- Experience with electroporation and/or transfection a plus.
- Experience with 96/384-well format for cell culture a plus.
- Experience with the following is preferred
- Cellular plate-based assay development, validation, data analysis and screening experience
- Protein lysate preparation from cells and tissues, ELISA and/or Western blotting.
- High Content Imaging (Immunocytochemistry); multi-color immunofluorescence or flow cytometry.
- in vitro gene expression manipulation using shRNA, siRNA, or CRISPR.
- Excellent data handling and documentation skills, as well as oral and written communication skills, are required.
- Experience in the ubiquitin-proteasome system, or targeted protein degradation, a plus.
- B.S. / M.S. + a minimum of 5 years of related experience; previous academic, pharma- or biotech experience in cellular and molecular biology. Focus on neuroscience and drug discovery preferred.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer