Open Positions: Senior Associate Scientist, Immunology and Immuno-oncology
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
This position in the Immuno-Oncology Group (IO-IMM) at Arvinas is laboratory-based and requires strong experimental skills, and the ability to effectively partner with team members in order to deliver quality data in support of early drug discovery efforts.
This position reports to a Research Investigator, IO-IMM and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Design, execution, interpretation and development of in vitro experiments in the cellular immunology field using mouse and human primary cells and cell lines
- Utilize appropriate methodologies to characterize targets and compounds of interest in immune primary cell and cell-line based assays using various biochemical and functional readouts
- Interact and collaborate with IO-IMM biology and chemistry team members to contribute to drug discovery and development program progression
- Manage laboratory notebook, databases, and spreadsheets to effectively record and communicate results
- General knowledge of immunology related to immunotherapy or autoimmune diseases
- Knowledge of cellular immunology pathways in the field of T cell biology, myeloid cell biology, and innate immunity required.
- Demonstrated ability to QC, validate, and execute primary cell based in vitro assays and biochemical assays using a variety of readout technologies (e.g. fluorescence and luminescence)
- Proficient in aseptic tissue culture techniques: mammalian cell culture, immune cell culture, cell lines, and primary human and mouse cell preparation, enrichment and isolation.
- Proficient in Western immunoblotting, ELISA cytokine assays (MSD a plus), and gene expression assays (DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, rtPCR, shRNA, siRNA, CRISPR). Experience using automated liquid handlers like Bravo a plus.
- Working knowledge of multicolor flow cytometry (BD platform and DIVA software experience a plus)
- Excellent data handling and recording skills as well as oral and written communication skills
- Organized and enthusiastic with demonstrated ability to work both independently to plan and execute experiments and collaboratively in a team environment
Senior Associate Scientist: BS with 5+ years' industry or academic research experience or MS in Biology or relevant discipline with 2+ year (or equivalent) in biomedical or pharmaceutical research. Focus on immunology or immuno-oncology lab experience highly desired
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer