Open Positions: Senior Associate Scientist - FAST, Platform Biology
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
This key position in our functional area support team (FAST) within the platform biology group will support the discovery and characterization of PROTACs (Proteolysis-targeting chimeras) and related molecules for Arvinas research programs. This position is laboratory-based and requires strong experimental skills, and the ability to effectively partner with team members to deliver quality data in support of early drug discovery efforts.
This position reports to a Senior Research Scientist, FAST, Platform Biology and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to: (List bullet points of key responsibilities)
- Develop cell-based and biochemical assays to support discovery and development of targeted protein degraders.
- Develop and execute assays to screen compound diversity decks in a high throughput environment to identify chemical starting points for targeted protein degradation.
- Execute compound profiling assays using cell-based (reporter assays, high-content screening, etc.) and biochemical (TR-FRET, Alpha-Screen, etc.) formats to support efforts in developing structure-activity relationships that guide lead identification and optimization for targeted protein degraders.
- Utilize automated liquid handling systems and integrated screening platforms to acquire data with the goal of optimizing screening throughput and quality.
- Working with senior group members and project teams, optimize assays and analyze data for storage in the corporate database and presentation at project meetings.
- Experience with multiple assay formats, such as luminescence, ELISA, TR-FRET, etc. is required.
- Proficiency in aseptic tissue culture techniques and mammalian cell tissue culture is required.
- Experience in executing cell based and/or biochemical assays/screens in an industrial or academic core facility environment is required.
- Experience in running high throughput screens using automated platforms is highly desirable.
- Experience with data analysis for high-throughput screening campaigns is highly desirable.
- Excellent data analysis and recording skills as well as oral and written communication skills is required.
- Innovative, motivated, researcher with strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Demonstrable skill as key team member, building productive relationships with internal stakeholders, ability to understand complex scientific concepts.
BS with 5+ years of industry or academic research experience or MS in Biology or relevant discipline with 1+ year (or equivalent) in biomedical or pharmaceutical research.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer