Open Positions: Senior Associate Scientist, Biology
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing Oncology, Biology team. This position requires strong experimental skills, and the ability to effectively partner with team members to carry out projects to deliver high quality data in support of drug discovery efforts. We are seeking a highly motivated and collaborative candidate who is passionate about advancing novel cancer therapies for a laboratory-based position. This individual will have strong experimental skills which will be used to execute and analyze experiments using a variety of molecular and cellular biology techniques to support studies aimed at assessing cancer models to study targets of interest, identifying patient selection biomarkers, developing drug combination strategies, and characterizing mechanisms of drug resistance.
This position reports to a Senior Research Scientist, Biology and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Execute experiments and perform data analysis.
- Utilize compounds and molecular target manipulation to dissect target function and dependency.
- Leverage multiple assay platforms to measure target engagement, pathway modulation, and cell sensitivity in response to compounds or target modulation.
- Design, QC, validate, and execute medium- to high- throughput 96/384 well assay formats, such as ELISA, MSD, quantitative western blot, cell viability/death assays.
- Interact and collaborate with biology and chemistry team members to contribute to drug discovery and program progression.
- Document, compile and interpret experimental data; manage laboratory notebook, databases, and/ or spreadsheets to present data in a meaningful manner.
- Keep up to date on relevant scientific literature.
- In vitro and/or ex vivo tissue culture experience required, including excellent aseptic technique.
- Experience in methods for assessing protein levels in various bioassays (e.g., Western blots, ELISA, In Cell Western, MSD) is preferred.
- Proficiency in various cellular functional assays (i.e., 2D/3D cellular proliferation assays/cytotoxicity/apoptosis assays) is preferred.
- Experience incell-based and biochemical assays using a variety of readout technologies (e.g., fluorescence, luminescence, TR-FRET) is desirable.
- Understanding of cancer biology and cellular biology is desirable.
- Excellent data handling and recording skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Work as a team player and be able to multitask.
- Ability to work and problem-solve independently while under general supervision by the Senior Research Scientist.
- Demonstrated ability to plan experiments independently is desirable.
- BS with minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, or MS with 2+ years relevant experience in Biology or relevant discipline.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer