Open Positions: Research Scientist/Senior Research Scientist, Translational Science
Arvinas is a pharmaceutical company focused on developing new small molecules ‒ known as PROTAC®s (PROteolysis TArgeting Chimeras) ‒ aimed at degrading disease-causing cellular proteins via proteolysis. Based on innovative research conducted at Yale University by Dr. Craig Crews, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, the company is translating natural protein degradation approaches into novel drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. The proprietary PROTAC®-based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets.
We are seeking an experienced scientist who will support the development and implementation of translational strategies for upcoming clinical stage oncology drug candidates, such as disease indication selection, PD and patient selection biomarker identification and drug combination strategies. The incumbent may supervise a small team of non-PhD scientists.
This position reports to Exectutive Director, Translational Science and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Design and execute studies to evaluate mechanisms of resistance, rational drug combinations, new disease indications and potential pharmacodynamic and patient selection markers for clinical studies to support oncology translational strategies for programs in early to later stages of drug development
- Work with preclinical and clinical teams to develop and implement translational science strategies
- Present data and project plans internally and externally, as appropriate
- May manage a small team of non-PhD scientists
- Solid understanding of cancer biology and/or immuno-oncology is highly desirable
- Previous industry experience and a good understanding of the drug development process from lead identification through clinical trials are desirable
- Expertise with in vitro and in vivo methods to characterize cancer cell signaling and function, such as Western blotting, ELISA, tumor growth, next-generation sequencing, proteomic technologies, etc., with the aim of developing assays to assess mechanism of action and biomarkers for oncology targeting agents
- The successful candidate will be highly motivated and able to work independently, able to work productively in a team environment and take ownership of multiple projects
- Well organized and demonstrated ability in preparing technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills are essential
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, cell or molecular biology, pharmacology, medical science, or related fields or BS/ MS with 10+ years relevant industry experience.
- At least 2 years of drug development or related experience; previous supervisory experience is a plus.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.