Open Positions: Senior Research Scientist/Research Investigator, Translational Science
Arvinas is a pharmaceutical company focused on developing new small molecules ‒ known as PROTACs (PROteolysis TArgeting Chimeras) ‒ aimed at degrading disease-causing cellular proteins via proteolysis. Based on innovative research conducted at Yale University by Dr. Craig Crews, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, the company is translating natural protein degradation approaches into novel drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. The proprietary PROTAC-based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing Oncology Translational Science team. We are seeking a candidate who is passionate about advancing novel cancer therapies into the clinic to help drive the translational strategy for our expanding portfolio of current and upcoming clinical stage PROTAC drug candidates. This individual will be highly motivated and use their translational science expertise to interface with program teams and external partners to develop strategies for selecting disease indications for clinical development, identifying pharmacodynamic and patient selection biomarkers to implement in clinical studies, developing drug combination strategies and characterizing mechanisms of drug resistance. The candidate will also be a seasoned scientist who is enthusiastic about supervising and mentoring junior scientists.
This position reports to Executive Director, Oncology Translational Science and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Independently lead oncology translational sciences initiatives, working cross-functionally with preclinical and clinical teams to implement translational science strategies
- Serve as a leader in the Oncology Translational Science team, interacting with scientific leadership within Arvinas to exchange scientific data and ideas to develop translational science strategies
- Demonstrated ability to design, execute, troubleshoot and interpret complex studies to evaluate mechanisms of resistance, rational drug combinations, new disease indications and potential pharmacodynamic and patient selection markers for clinical studies to support oncology translational strategies for programs in early to later stages of drug development
- Identify and implement new biomarker technologies and preclinical models internally and by developing external collaborations with academic institutions and CROs
- Previous experience supervising and mentoring junior scientists is essential
- Solid understanding of cancer biology and/or immuno-oncology is required
- Previous industry experience and a solid understanding of the drug development process from lead identification through clinical trials are preferred
- Demonstrated expertise with in vitro and in vivo methods to characterize cancer and/or immune cell signaling and function, such as Western blotting, ELISA, tumor growth, next-generation sequencing, proteomic technologies, flow cytometry, etc., with the aim of developing assays to assess mechanism of action and biomarkers for oncology and immuno-oncology targeted agents
- The successful candidate will be highly motivated and able to work independently, able to work productively in a team environment and take ownership of multiple projects
- Well organized and demonstrated ability in preparing technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are essential
- At least 2 years of drug development or related experience with previous supervisory experience in industry or academia.
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, cell or molecular biology, pharmacology, medical science, or related fields with a minimum of 2-5 years related experience or BS/ MS with 10+ years relevant industry experience, with a productive publication and presentation record
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.