Open Positions: Research Scientist/ Senior Research Scientist, Platform Biology (Cell Biology)
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients suffering from debilitating and life-threatening diseases through the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapies that degrade disease-causing proteins. Arvinas uses its proprietary PROTAC® Discovery Engine platform to engineer proteolysis targeting chimeras, or PROTAC® targeted protein degraders, that are designed to harness the body’s own natural protein disposal system to selectively and efficiently degrade and remove disease-causing proteins. In addition to its robust preclinical pipeline of PROTAC® protein degraders against validated and “undruggable” targets, the company has two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110 for the treatment of men with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer; and ARV-471 for the treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic ER+/HER2- breast cancer. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
We are looking for a scientist to join our cell biology team. As an experienced scientist, you will be an important part of a highly motivated and matrixed team within the Platform Biology group at Arvinas. This position will be dedicated to conducting experiments and screens to develop PROTAC molecules. This position will use quantitative cell-based methods to characterize target engagement of compounds for transformation into PROTACs, to profile PROTAC molecules, and for cell-based compound library screening. This is a committed bench scientist position, reports to the Research Investigator in our Platform Biology group, and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Development and characterization of cell-based assay systems to query targeted protein degradation (molecular biology, stable cell line generation, Western blots, ELISA, reporter assays, etc.).
- Development and optimization of quantitative cell-based assays using a variety of readout technologies (e.g., fluorescence, luminescence, BRET) in medium- to high-throughput (96/384-well) formats.
- Cell-based compound library screening.
- Partner with diverse project teams in complex scheduling of work and generation of data in support of drug discovery and development programs. Troubleshoot through technical and scientific challenges in order to deliver critical data.
- Apply excellent organizational and prioritization skills; analyze data using strong background in quantitative cell biological sciences.
- Organize experimental results to be shared with project teams; openly communicate with chemistry and biology; maintain clear experimental records.
- Leverage knowledge of the ubiquitin-proteasome system and emerging principles of targeted protein degradation.
- Independent, motivated, and productive problem solver with excellent communication skills who works effectively in a team setting.
- Strength in experimental design, execution, and data analysis using multiple assay platforms.
- Proficiency in aseptic mammalian cell/tissue culture is a must.
- Experience in molecular biology techniques: plasmid and cell line engineering
- Experience in generating CRISPR/Cas9-mediated KO or KI cell lines is a plus.
- Experience measuring protein levels: western blot, ELISA, reporter assays, etc.
- Experience in utilizing compounds and molecular target manipulation (e.g., RNAi, CRISPR) to dissect target function and dependency.
- Experience in design, QC, and execution of medium- to high- throughput (96/384-well) cell-based assay formats, such as ELISA, quantitative Western, High Content Imaging, bioluminescent, and/or fluorescence-based assays
- Expertise in cell biology and biochemistry
- Knowledge and understanding of the ubiquitin-proteasome system is a plus.
- Knowledge of drug discovery approaches is a plus.
- Organized, goal-oriented and timeline-conscious.
- Other Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Maintaining clear experimental records
- Organize and clearly present experimental results to the project team(s)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Prism; data analysis using Spotfire would be a plus.
- A strong work ethic and willingness for continued learning.
- B.S. with 10+ years’ experience, M.S. with 6+ years’ experience, or Ph.D. with 0-6 years’ experience (including postdoc). Pharma or biotech experience in cellular and molecular biology, cell-based assays, or pharmacology or Ph.D. with an excellent publication record demonstrating productivity in cell-based and biochemical research.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.