Open Positions: Research Scientist/Senior Research Scientist, Biology (Strategic Collaborations)
Arvinas is a pharmaceutical company focused on developing new small molecules ‒ known as PROTAC®s (PROteolysis TArgeting Chimeras) ‒ aimed at degrading disease-causing cellular proteins via proteolysis. Based on innovative research conducted at Yale University by Dr. Craig Crews, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, the company is translating natural protein degradation approaches into novel drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. The proprietary PROTAC®-based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets.
This key position is for a drug discovery and development project leader to support external partnership/ collaboration efforts across one or more diverse therapeutic areas. The incumbent may supervise a small team of Research Associates.
This position reports to our Research Investigator, Biology and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Develop compound profiling assays to support chemistry efforts in developing structure-activity relationships that guide lead identification, optimization & development candidate selection
- Assay optimization to ensure quality and easily interpretable data is generated
- Present data and project plans in project team meetings
- Build strong alliances with external partners, focused on trust, collaboration, and timely/ high-quality delivery on shared objectives.
- Molecular-genetic understanding of cancer; facility incorporating this knowledge into drug discovery
- A demonstrated ability to innovate and to advance new scientific understanding
- Demonstrated success in working on a cross-disciplinary, drug discovery project team; integrating and evaluating the work of multiple drug discovery groups / functions
- Solid understanding of how to leverage biomarkers and translational research to guide development of personal medicine
- Knowledge of assays & metrics that report on potency, selectivity, ADME, PK, PD & efficacy
- Innovative, motivated, researcher with strong problem solving and communication skills
- Experience in developing assays to profile compounds using mechanistic and functional readouts
- Broad scientific skillset with expertise in assay development, cell signaling, cell biology, and protein analysis
- Demonstrable skill at building productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, ability to influence and seek innovative solutions to complex scientific and strategic challenges.
- Recruit, retain, and develop world-class scientific talent
- Lead and participate on cross-disciplinary, drug discovery project teams; integrate and evaluate the work of a drug discovery group to determine optimal solutions to discovery challenges
- Educate, support, coach, mentor, motivate, and grow scientists who are developing expertise in various therapeutic areas, in either a supervisory or matrix leadership capacity
- Ph.D, with 3+ years of productive post-doctoral fellowship experience or equivalent in biomedical research, cellular and molecular biology, pharmacology or enzymology. Focus on cancer cell biology and drug discovery preferred but not essential.
- Strong publication record desired.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.