Open Positions: Research Scientist, Selection Biologist, DEL Chemistry
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients suffering from debilitating and life-threatening diseases through the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapies that degrade disease-causing proteins. Arvinas uses its proprietary PROTAC® Discovery Engine platform to engineer proteolysis targeting chimeras, or PROTAC® targeted protein degraders, that are designed to harness the body’s own natural protein disposal system to selectively and efficiently degrade and remove disease-causing proteins. In addition to its robust preclinical pipeline of PROTAC® protein degraders against validated and “undruggable” targets, the company has two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110 for the treatment of men with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer; and ARV-471 for the treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic ER+/HER2- breast cancer. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
We are looking for a scientist to strengthen our selection team. This committed bench scientist position will be responsible for the design and execution of selection experiments to identify peptide and antibody mimetic candidates that bind the target proteins.
This position reports to a Research Investigator in our DEL (DNA Encoded Library) team and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Design and execution of selection experiments using display technology
- Design and generate display libraries
- Perform repeated rounds of selection against target proteins
- Sequence candidates via next-generation DNA sequencing
- Characterize the best candidates via cell-based and plate-based assays
- Analyze, interpret, and report experimental results at internal meetings
- Maintain detailed records of experiments in electronic lab notebooks in line with company policy
- Contribute to conceptions, presentations, publications, and patents
- Maintain a knowledge of literature related to areas of research
- Experience and successful demonstration of hit identification with one or more display methods (phage, yeast, mRNA, etc)
- Strong experience in standard molecular biology applications (PCR, qPCR, cloning, sequencing methods, western blot)
- Strong protein biochemistry skills and experience with protein purification
- Excellent cell culture experience with good aseptic technique
- Experience in lentiviral transduction
- Experience in the application of biochemical and cell-based assays
- Experience in fluorescent imaging is advantageous
- Hands-on experience in DNA Encoded Library (DEL) selection is a strong plus
- Maintaining orderly and timely record of experiments and results in accordance with company policy and legal requirements
- Writing standard operating protocols
- Maintaining safe working environment for self and others
- A successful candidate will have an enabling attitude, be a problem solver and have a desire to work in a collaborative manner with peers and pan-disciplinary colleagues in a project setting
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in molecular biology, chemistry, or similar discipline
- 0-5 years of post-doctoral training or experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry, or more than 10 years’ of relevant experience in the biotech/ pharmaceutical industry
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.