Open Positions: Research Scientist, Oncology
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
This position is primarily laboratory-based and requires strong experimental skills, the ability to effectively partner with team members in order to deliver quality data, and the independence to design and implement novel experimental designs in support of drug discovery efforts.
This position reports to a Research Investigator in the Biology department and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
This Research Scientist's work is almost entirely laboratory-based, with responsibilities that include but are not limited to:
- Design, QC, validate, plan, and conduct experiments, and perform data analysis
- Execute standard analytical assays (e.g. High Quality Western Blots, ELISA, Multiplex Protein Analysis, etc.) with excellent technical proficiency
- Perform cellular functional assays (i.e. 2D/3D cellular proliferation assays/cytotoxicity/apoptosis assays/siRNA/shRNA/CRISPR knockdown assays)
- Design, QC, validate, and execute medium- to high- throughput 96/384 well assay formats (proliferation assays/cytotoxicity/apoptosis assays)
- Document, compile and interpret experimental data; manage laboratory notebook, databases, and/ or spreadsheets to present data in a meaningful manner
- Interact and collaborate with biology and chemistry team members to contribute to drug discovery and development program progression
- Effectively present results to peers and senior research staff
- Ensuring that high quality standards are met in delivery of all work
- Keep up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments; apply relevant learnings to Arvinas work and experiment design
- 5-10+ years Pharma/Biotech experience
- In-depth knowledge and experience in cancer biology
- Experience in various cellular functional assays (i.e. 2D/3D cellular proliferation assays/cytotoxicity/apoptosis assays/siRNA/shRNA/CRISPR knockdown assays)
- Experience with development and optimization of cell-based and biochemical assays using a variety of readout technologies (e.g. fluorescence, luminescence, TR-FRET, AlphaLISA)
- Proficiency in various bioassays (e.g. High Quality Western Blots, ELISA, Multiplex Protein Analysis)
- Proficiency in flow cytometry and data analysis is a plus
- Excellent data handling and recording skills as well as oral and written communication skills
- Work as a team player and be able to work on several projects simultaneously
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Prism, etc. is required.
- Excellent communication and multitasking skills in a dynamic and fast paced environment; ability to work as a team player and be able to work on several projects simultaneously required.
- Intellectual curiosity, a “Nothing is Impossible” attitude
- BS/MS in Biology or relevant discipline, or equivalent education
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer