Open Positions: Research Scientist, Neurophysiology
Arvinas is a pharmaceutical company focused on developing new small molecules ‒ known as PROTACs (PROteolysis TArgeting Chimeras) ‒ aimed at degrading disease-causing cellular proteins via proteolysis. Based on innovative research conducted at Yale University by Dr. Craig Crews, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, the company is translating natural protein degradation approaches into novel drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. The proprietary PROTAC-based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated senior scientist to join our efforts in the Neuroscience and Platform Biology Team to contribute to building our discovery pipeline for neurodegenerative diseases. This individual will contribute and lead scientific efforts focused on building a relationship between gene expression correction and functional physiologic improvement of disease phenotypes in complex human rodent neuronal models.
This position reports to the Senior Research Investigator, Neuroscience, and is located at our corporate headquarters in New Haven, CT.
- Expert in all aspects of neuronal cell biology with a deep understanding of synaptic physiology and higher throughput approaches to assess neuronal cell function.
- Deep knowledge of molecular, biochemical and pharmacologic techniques required to examine target expression, modulation and function.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in vitro electrophysiological recordings in primary rodent or human iPS neurons. Specifically, experience in the cell culture techniques; electrical recording and data analysis utilizing multi-electrode arrays is required.
- Experience in whole cell patch clamp techniques in either clonal or primary cultured cells (including neurons) is desired.
- Proficiency in development of optical and image-based assay approaches and software for analysis of electrophysiologic experiments is desired (i.e., MATLAB). Ability to identify and solve technical issues that arise with electrophysiology equipment, especially high throughput electrophysiological recording equipment is required.
- Experience and effectiveness working in a multidisciplinary team drug discovery environment with common goals and operating in a matrixed environment is essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication as demonstrated in the quality of interactions on projects in a team environment, written reports and publications focused on network electrophysiology especially slice and MEA techniques.
- Skilled in pharmacologic assessment of both small molecules and other therapeutic modalities in primary or stem cell derived cellular systems.
- Knowledge, application and analysis of compound pharmacology testing using in vitro disease models.
- Able to lead drug discovery programs and collaboratively to contribute to drug discovery.
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, pharmacology, or neuroscience with at least 5+ years of relevant post-doctoral and / or industry experience in neurologic and/ or muscle and/ or cardiovascular monogenic diseases that includes a robust publication record and experience with in vitro physiology of disease models.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a desire to work in a team environment are essential.
- Manages time effectively and balances work between bench and desk.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.