Open Positions: Research Scientist, Neurodegeneration
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients suffering from debilitating and life-threatening diseases through the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapies that degrade disease-causing proteins. Arvinas uses its proprietary PROTAC® Discovery Engine platform to engineer proteolysis targeting chimeras, or PROTAC® targeted protein degraders, that are designed to harness the body’s own natural protein disposal system to selectively and efficiently degrade and remove disease-causing proteins. In addition to its robust preclinical pipeline of PROTAC® protein degraders against validated and “undruggable” targets, the company has two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110 for the treatment of men with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer; and ARV-471 for the treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic ER+/HER2- breast cancer. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
Join the rapidly growing team at Arvinas, the leader in developing therapeutic PROTAC-mediated protein degradation. This a hands-on role, where your focus will be to develop, implement and execute innovative in vitro assay approaches to investigate mechanisms of protein degradation. As one of the key hires for the company, you will work in a matrix environment to develop robust in vitro cellular assays to identify PROTAC- targeted degrader molecules primarily for our our neuroscience a groups. The successful candidate will also have experience in ex vivo and biomarker assay development to help build pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic relationships to advance PROTAC degrader molecules. This position is laboratory-based and requires strong experimental skills with a background in genetic models of neurodegeneration and in vivo pharmacology.
This position will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- In vivo CNS expertise including experience characterization transgenic rodent models of neurodegeneration including examination of ‘prion-like’ pathologic propagation, knowledge of stereotaxic surgical techniques, familiarity with histologic assessment and CNS neuroanatomy.
- Assessment of compound efficacy via gross anatomic dissection, tissue biochemical endpoints (ELISA, MSD, immunoblotting) and histologic neuroanatomical immunostaining endpoints.
- Conducting In vivo pharmacology experiments, ability to design compound pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies, interacts and collaborates with biology and chemistry team members. Synthesizes data to contribute to understanding of pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic relationships and human dose projections.
- Analysis of experimental data, addressing methodological problems in experimental protocols and results
- Documentation, compilation, and interpretation of experimental data.
- Presentation of data in oral and written reports in a clear and concise manner to supervisor and project teams
- Management of laboratory notebook, databases and/or spreadsheets to compile and present results in a meaningful manner
- Keeping up-to-date on relevant scientific literature
- B.S./ M.S with 5+ years of pharma- or biotech experience or Ph.D. in cellular and molecular biology, pharmacology, biochemistry, assay development and in vivo pharmacology. Focus on neuroscience, cell biology and drug discovery strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in lab techniques and principles of in vivo pharmacology, histology, biochemistry and neurobiology
- Proficiency in stereotaxic surgery, dosing by oral gavage and intravenous tail vein injection in rodents. Adherence to IACUC protocols and maintenance of accurate records. Experience in assay validation, assay development and small molecule testing
- Understanding of neurodegenerative diseases and models
- Ability to work and problem-solve independently as an in vivo pharmacology key contributor to program teams.
- Manages time and balances work between bench and desk
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.