Open Positions: Research Scientist, Functional Area Support Team, Platform Biology (FAST)
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110, which is being developed as a potential treatment for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 200 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
This key position in our functional area support team (FAST) within the platform biology group will support the lead evaluation and discovery for our drug discovery programs. The candidate will be expected to work with key stakeholders and under direction of senior members of the group to run bioassays. Experience with automated screening platforms and strong analytical skills are important for success in this role.
This position reports to a Principal Research Investigator and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Expected to run compound profiling assays using cell based (reporter assays and high-content screening, etc) and biochemical assays (TR-FRET, Alpha-Screen, etc) to support efforts in developing structure-activity relationships that guide lead identification and optimization.
- Run cell-based assays using luminescence and high-content imaging measures to profile the activities of targeted protein degraders.
- Experience with running automated liquid handling and screening platforms with the goal of optimizing screening throughput and quality is a plus.
- Working with senior group members and project teams, optimize of assays and analyze data for storage in corporate database and presentation at project meetings.
- Assist with management of compound acquisition and registration as well as managing workflows on Arvinas and external databases.
- Proficiency in aseptic tissue culture techniques and mammalian cell tissue culture is required.
- Excellent data analysis and recording skills as well as oral and written communication skills is required.
- Demonstrated ability to run cell based and/or biochemical screens in an industry or academic core facility environment.
- Experienced with multiple assay types, such as luminescence, ELISA, etc.
- Innovative, motivated, researcher with strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Demonstrable skill as key team member, building productive relationships with internal stakeholders, ability to understand complex scientific concepts.
- BS with 8+ years’ experience or MS in Biology or relevant discipline with 2+ years’ experience (or equivalent), or Ph.D in biomedical research, cellular and molecular biology, pharmacology or enzymology.
- Focus on cell based and biochemical screening a plus.
- Experience of data analysis for high-throughput screening highly desirable.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer