Open Positions: Research Scientist, Clinical Pharmacology
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110, which is being developed as a potential treatment for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 200 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
The scientist within Clinical Pharmacology will work closely with the lead clinical pharmacology representative on Arvinas drug development program teams. This person will be a critical link with internal clinical pharmacology members, CROs, and external subject matter experts. The individual will work closely with key stakeholders in delivering clinical pharmacology data and interpretations in support of our company’s mission to bring hope and new therapies for patients.
This position reports to our Executive Director, Clinical Pharmacology or his direct reports. This role is based out of our New Haven, CT office or can be performed remotely from a location within the United States.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Plans, design, executes, and analyzes of population PK, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic data, and apply physiological-based PK model to predict performance of new investigational drugs.
- The selected individual will work closely with physicians, scientists, regulatory professionals, statisticians and members of the clinical operations department to carry out these responsibilities.
- Responsible for pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic analysis, report writing and review, identify ways to best analyze and present pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic data in a complete, accurate and scientifically sound
- May work with CRO for applying population PK, physiological-based PK modeling, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic modeling on a study level.
- A minimum of 0-2 years related experience clinical drug development experience in industrial, academic, or regulatory settings; may include post-doctoral experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills for effectively interfacing with internal and external collaborators.
- Scientific curiosity and understanding of clinical pharmacology, pharmacometric principles and concepts.
- Exposure in regulations governing pharmacokinetic analysis and reporting to health authority.
- Hand-on experience in pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic modeling software such as NCA, NLME, NONMEM, Gastroplus or Simcyp is desirable.
- Qualified candidate with a BS or MS degree and a minimum of 5 years related pharmaceutical industrial experience will be considered.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D), Doctor of Pharmaceutical Sciences (PhD), Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) in Clinical Pharmacology or equivalent, MD/PhD preferred
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer