Open Positions: Research Scientist, Biology (Oncology)
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients suffering from debilitating and life-threatening diseases through the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapies that degrade disease-causing proteins. Arvinas uses its proprietary PROTAC® Discovery Engine platform to engineer proteolysis targeting chimeras, or PROTAC® targeted protein degraders, that are designed to harness the body’s own natural protein disposal system to selectively and efficiently degrade and remove disease-causing proteins. In addition to its robust preclinical pipeline of PROTAC® protein degraders against validated and “undruggable” targets, the company has two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110 for the treatment of men with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer; and ARV-471 for the treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic ER+/HER2- breast cancer. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
This position is primarily laboratory-based and requires strong experimental skills, the ability to effectively partner with team members in order to deliver quality data, and the independence to design and implement novel experimental designs in support of drug discovery efforts.
This position reports to a Senior Director in the Biology department and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
This research scientist's work is almost entirely laboratory-based, with responsibilities that include but are not limited to:
- Design, QC, validate, plan, and conduct experiments, and perform data analysis
- Execute standard analytical assays (eg. High Quality Western Blots, ELISA, Multiplex Protein Analysis, etc) with excellent technical proficiency
- Perform cellular functional assays (i.e. 2D/3D cellular proliferation assays/cytotoxicity/apoptosis assays/siRNA/shRNA/CRISPR knockdown assays)
- Design, QC, validate, and execute medium- to high- throughput 96/384 well assay formats (proliferation assays/cytotoxicity/apoptosis assays)
- Document, compile and interpret experimental data; manage laboratory notebook, databases, and/ or spreadsheets to present data in a meaningful manner
- Interact and collaborate with biology and chemistry team members to contribute to drug discovery and development program progression
- Effectively present results to peers and senior research staff
- Ensuring that high quality standards are met in delivery of all work
- Keep up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments; apply relevant learnings to Arvinas work and experiment design
- BS/MS in Biology or relevant discipline, or equivalent education and experience with >10 years Pharma/Biotech experience
- In-depth knowledge and experience in cancer biology
- Experience in various cellular functional assays (i.e. 2D/3D cellular proliferation assays/cytotoxicity/apoptosis assays/siRNA/shRNA/CRISPR knockdown assays)
- Experience with development and optimization of cell-based and biochemical assays using a variety of readout technologies (e.g. fluorescence, luminescence, TR-FRET, AlphaLISA)
- Proficiency in various bioassays (e.g. High Quality Western Blots, ELISA, Multiplex Protein Analysis)
- Proficiency in flow cytometry and data analysis is a plus
- Excellent data handling and recording skills as well as oral and written communication skills
- Work as a team player and be able to work on several projects simultaneously
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Prism, etc. is required.
- Excellent communication and multitasking skills in a dynamic and fast paced environment; ability to work as a team player and be able to work on several projects simultaneously required.
- Intellectual curiosity, a “Nothing is Impossible” attitude
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.