Open Positions: Research Scientist, Biology (Oncology)
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients suffering from debilitating and life-threatening diseases through the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapies that degrade disease-causing proteins. Arvinas uses its proprietary PROTAC® Discovery Engine platform to engineer proteolysis targeting chimeras, or PROTAC® targeted protein degraders, that are designed to harness the body’s own natural protein disposal system to selectively and efficiently degrade and remove disease-causing proteins. In addition to its robust preclinical pipeline of PROTAC® protein degraders against validated and “undruggable” targets, the company has two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110 for the treatment of men with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer; and ARV-471 for the treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic ER+/HER2- breast cancer. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
This position is primarily laboratory-based and requires strong experimental skills, the ability to effectively partner with team members in order to deliver quality data, and the independence to design and implement novel experimental designs in support of drug discovery efforts.
This position reports to a Senior Director in the Biology department and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
This research scientist's work is almost entirely laboratory-based, with responsibilities that include but are not limited to:
- Design, QC, validate, plan, and conduct experiments, and perform data analysis
- Execute standard analytical assays (eg. High Quality Western Blots, ELISA, Multiplex Protein Analysis, etc) with excellent technical proficiency
- Perform cellular functional assays (i.e. 2D/3D cellular proliferation assays/cytotoxicity/apoptosis assays/siRNA/shRNA/CRISPR knockdown assays)
- Perform various cellular functional assays (proliferation assays/cytotoxicity/apoptosis assays)
- Demonstrate excellent molecular techniques including cloning, PCR, RT-PCR, cell line engineering
- Document, compile and interpret experimental data; manage laboratory notebook, databases, and/ or spreadsheets to present data in a meaningful manner
- Interact and collaborate with biology and chemistry team members to contribute to drug discovery and development program progression
- Effectively present results to peers and senior research staff
- Lead and participate on cross-disciplinary, drug discovery project teams; integrate and evaluate the work of a drug discovery group to determine optimal solutions to discovery challenge
- Educate, support, coach, mentor, motivate, and grow scientists who are developing expertise in various therapeutic areas, in either a direct supervisory or matrix leadership capacity
- Ensuring that high quality standards are met in delivery of all work
- Keep up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments; apply relevant learnings to Arvinas work and experiment design
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in cancer biology, pharmacology, or similar discipline
- 0-5 years of post-doctoral training or experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry or more than 10 years’ relevant of experience in biotech/ pharmaceutical industry
- In-depth knowledge and experience in cancer biology
- Extensive hands-on experience in elucidating molecular mechanisms of genes in cancer biology using multidisciplinary approaches required.
- 3D culture experience is a plus
- In-vivo experience is a plus
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Excellent communication and multitasking skills in a dynamic and fast paced environment; ability to work as a team player and be able to work on several projects simultaneously required.
- Highly self-motivated; ability to independently design and execute experiments with minimal supervision
- Intellectual curiosity, a “Nothing is Impossible” attitude
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.