Open Positions: Research Scientist, Biology
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing new small molecules ‒ known as PROTAC® (PROteolysis Targeting Chimera) protein degraders ‒ aimed at degrading disease-causing cellular proteins via proteolysis. Based on innovative research conducted at Yale University by Dr. Craig Crews, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, the company is translating natural protein degradation approaches into novel drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. Our proprietary PROTAC®-based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets.
This position is primarily laboratory-based and requires strong experimental skills, the ability to effectively partner with team members in order to deliver quality data, and the independence to design and implement novel experimental designs in support of drug discovery efforts. This position reports to a Research Investigator in the Biology department and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Design and execute experiments, and perform data analysis
- Leverage multiple assay platforms to measure enzymatic activity, ligand binding, and complex formation
- Design, optimize, QC, validate, and execute medium- to high- throughput 96/384 well assay formats, such as FRET, AlphaLISA, luminescence, ELISA, quantitative Western, etc.
- Obtain necessary protein reagents through in-house expression and purification or working with an external CRO
- Interact and collaborate with biology and chemistry team members to contribute to drug discovery and development program progression
- Coordinate with external groups (CROs or academic groups) when needed
- Document, compile and interpret experimental data; manage laboratory notebook, databases, and/or spreadsheets to present data in a meaningful manner
- Keep up-to-date on relevant scientific literature
- Development and optimization of biochemical and/or cell-based assays using a variety of readout technologies (e.g. fluorescence, luminescence, TR-FRET, AlphaLISA) is required.
- Prior experience in HTS is preferred.
- Experience with protein expression and purification is preferred.
- Experience performing western blots and ELISAs is preferred.
- Familiarity with aseptic tissue culture techniques and mammalian cell tissue culture is preferred.
- A strong work ethic and willingness to learn drug discovery approaches, including screening for novel ligands, is required.
- The ability to work and problem solve independently and be self-motivated is required, as are excellent communication skills and the ability to work within a team.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Prism, etc. is required.
- PhD in biochemistry or related discipline or BS/MS with 8+ years relevant experience.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.