Open Positions: Research Investigator/ Senior Research Investigator, Proteomics Scientist, Platform Biology
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing new small molecules ‒ known as PROTAC® (PROteolysis Targeting Chimera) protein degraders ‒ aimed at degrading disease-causing cellular proteins via proteolysis. Based on innovative research conducted at Yale University by Dr. Craig Crews, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, the company is translating natural protein degradation approaches into novel drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. Our proprietary PROTAC®-based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets.
Join the rapidly growing team at Arvinas, the leader in developing therapeutic PROTAC-mediated protein degradation. The focus of this role will be to build, implement and execute innovative Proteomics approaches applied across our platform to enable novel mechanisms of targeted protein degradation. As one of the key hires for the company, you will work in a matrix environment to develop and build a Proteomics team with experience in protein mass spectrometry/quantitative proteomics, committed to support innovative drug discovery efforts with a passion for applying analytical expertise to solve challenging biological questions. Since this position is data rich and requires strong data analytic skills, you will be interfacing with our bioinformatics and informatics teams. This position reports to our Principal Research Investigator, Platform Biology and is located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Engage with project teams to address critical chemical biology and targeted degradation studies.
- Develop and optimize sample preparation and mass spectrometry methods for analysis of ligand affinity MS, deep proteomes and post-translational modifications using multiple quantitative proteomic approaches.
- Provide quality control, maintanence and troubleshooting of instruments (HPLCs, mass spectrometers, timstof).
- Establish robust workflow to enable LC-MS-based proteomics, quantitative data analysis, date reporting, and interpretation.
- Prepare samples from tissues, cells, and biofluids as needed to enable discovery and translational biomarker work for drug discovery programs.
- Present experimental data with interpretation in a clear and concise manner to both expert and non-expert audiences.
- Remain current with the latest proteomics methods and technologies.
- Proactively report and troubleshoot technical and scientific challenges to ensure the highest quality proteomics data are generated to enable drug discovery and development program progression.
- PhD in biochemistry, analytical chemistry, biology, chemical biology, or related discipline, with 8+ years quantitative mass spectrometry-based proteomics experience.
- Extensive hands-on experience in proteomics is required. This includes maintaining and troubleshooting HPLCs, mass spectrometers, timstof etc.
- Demonstrated success in developing methods and performing nano LC-MS/MS experiments using QE or Lumos mass spectrometers, including LC fractionation.
- Extensive experience using a variety of quantitative proteomics techniques -TMT, SILAC, label-free quantification approaches and peptide fragmentation methods.
- PTM analysis (phosphorylation and ubiquitination), protein interaction analysis, and targeted proteomics.
- Expertise in protein isolation from complex biological samples including cells, tissue and biofluids, and affinity enrichment.
- Expertise in analysis of LC-MS/MS data using public and commercially available software
- Track record of conducting multiple laboratory and project tasks efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong attention to detail and record-keeping skills.
- Flexible, able to adapt workplans to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Working knowledge of relevant public and proprietary databases, methods and tools.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) as demonstrated by publications and presentations.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.