Open Positions: Research Investigator, Immunology and Immuno-oncology
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110, which is being developed as a potential treatment for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 200 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
We are looking for a candidate with passion and curiosity who can visualize the amazing possibilities of utilizing protein-degradation technology to Immuno-oncology and autoimmunity drug discovery. The candidate will be bold in his/her vision, a self-starter, and fearless in proposing new scientific ideas that are at the cutting edge of the evolving immunology literature.
As a Research Investigator at Arvinas you will lead drug discovery projects, design, conduct and analyze in vitro experiments in adaptive and innate immunity. You will have the scientific depth and passion to supervise one or more associate scientists. This position will be one of the key leaders in Immunology department interfacing with the internal drug discovery project(s) teams as well as independently interacting with the external CROs.
This position reports to the Executive Director, IO-IMM, and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Independently Lead preclinical discovery projects in immuno-oncology and autoimmunity; she/he will communicate and work closely with other drug discovery functional representatives, such as medicinal chemistry, In vivo pharmacology, protein chemistry and biology.
- As a key leader within Immunology department, this position will interact with the scientific leadership of the company to effectively communicate scientific ideas, data, future trends and best industry practices.
- As an expert cellular immunologist, the candidate will help design, execute, interpret and improve in vitro experiments using mouse and human primary cells and cell lines. Expertise of cellular immunology pathways in the field of adaptive, innate, and NK cell biology are required. Assays may include but not limited to cellular signaling, protein measurements, cellular differentiation, proliferation, cytokine measurements, and may utilize diverse techniques such as Western blots, multiplex-assays, complex FACS analyses and sorting, MACS or density based enrichment and purification etc.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot complex cellular experiments, and an ability to confidently utilize the cutting edge technologies towards the scientific questions at hand is expected.
- The incumbent will be passionate about developing the careers of junior scientists. Thus, an experience in previous supervisory responsibilities to guide and mentor junior research associates, either in academic or industry, is a must have.
- PhD in Cellular Immunology or related biology (e.g. Biochemistry, Cellular and molecular biology and others) with minimum of 2-4 years of academic or industry post-doctoral experience required.
- As a leader in immunology, a demonstrable publication records in top tier immunological journals and at least 2 years of demonstrated supervisory role are required.
- Industry experience in preclinical drug discovery is preferred.
- PhD with focus on immunological research with productive publication record in pre and post-doctoral research. Industry based post-doctoral training or drug discovery experience will be considered plus.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer