Open Positions: Research Associate, Neurodegeneration Biomarkers
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
As one of the key hires for the company, you will work in close collaboration with leaders and scientists to ensure progression of PROTACs in neurologic disorders. This highly motivated individual will be responsible for the identification and development of translational biomarkers to support our neurology portfolio. Your efforts will be essential for demonstrating target engagement and establishing PK-PD and will play a critical role in lead optimization, development candidate identification and evaluation of pharmacodynamic response in clinical studies.
This position will report to a Senior Research Scientist on our Neuroscience team and is located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Design and execute experiments, and perform data analysis.
- Develop and validate assays to measure target engagement and confirm PROTAC-induced degradation in preclinical models and early clinical studies.
- Provide assay support to facilitate chemistry efforts in developing structure-activity relationships that guide lead identification, optimization & development candidate selection.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, including oral presentation and writing capabilities, that can easily be applied to data summaries for regulatory agencies.
- Document, compile and interpret experimental data; manage laboratory notebook, databases, and/ or spreadsheets to present data in a meaningful manner.
- Keep up to date on relevant scientific literature.
- Innovative, creative, inquisitive, motivated researcher with strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to advance new scientific understanding.
- Must have attention to detail and be able to easily transition between projects and tasks.
- Ability to effectively prioritize efforts, manage time, and balance work between bench and desk is critical for success in this role.
- Previous industry experience and understanding of drug development is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work in a team-oriented environment.
- BS/MS degree in neurobiology or related discipline with 0-2+ years of experience
- Biotech/Pharma experience drug discovery experience is a plus
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer