Open Positions: Research Associate, Neurodegeneration Biomarkers
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients suffering from debilitating and life-threatening diseases through the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapies that degrade disease-causing proteins. Arvinas uses its proprietary PROTAC® Discovery Engine platform to engineer proteolysis targeting chimeras, or PROTAC® targeted protein degraders, that are designed to harness the body’s own natural protein disposal system to selectively and efficiently degrade and remove disease-causing proteins. In addition to its robust preclinical pipeline of PROTAC® protein degraders against validated and “undruggable” targets, the company has two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110 for the treatment of men with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer; and ARV-471 for the treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic ER+/HER2- breast cancer. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
As one of the key hires for the company, you will work in close collaboration with leaders and scientists to ensure progression of PROTACs in neurologic disorders. This highly motivated individual will be responsible for the identification and development of translational biomarkers to support our neurology portfolio. Your efforts will be essential for demonstrating target engagement and establishing PK-PD and will play a critical role in lead optimization, development candidate identification and evaluation of pharmacodynamic response in clinical studies.
This position will report to a Research Scientist on our Neuroscience team and is located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and validate assays to measure target engagement and confirm PROTAC-induced degradation in preclinical models and early clinical studies.
- Provide assay support to facilitate chemistry efforts in developing structure-activity relationships that guide lead identification, optimization & development candidate selection.
- Work closely with the in vivo team and DMPK to build exposure and pharmacodynamic relationships in preclinical models to drive human dose projections.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, including oral presentation and writing capabilities, that can easily be applied to data summaries for regulatory agencies.
- Innovative, creative, inquisitive, motivated researcher with strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to advance new scientific understanding
- Ability to effectively prioritize efforts, manage time, and balance work between bench and desk is critical for success in this role.
- BS/MS degree in neurobiology or related discipline
- Biotech/Pharma experience drug discovery experience is a plus
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.