Open Positions: Purchasing Manager
The Purchasing Manager will lead the day-to-day operation of the Purchasing Team and ensure all established performance standards and policies are being met. This is a prime opportunity for a highly capable individual to integrate new procedures and practices to support an aggressively growing organization in procuring supplies, equipment and services vital for the operation of the organization. In addition, this person will actively lead, support and direct Purchasing Team members towards accomplishing functional goals and objectives.
This position reports to the Controller and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Prioritizes work assignments and balances multiple tasks, including problem solving, to ensure all Purchasing Department assigned task sets are completed as scheduled.
- Collaborates with scientific and other teams to negotiate terms of services agreements, properly create and manage purchase orders in the system.
- Review current processes and make necessary recommendations to identify cost effective and value-added processes, including selecting and implementing new systems, to procure goods and services.
- Develop and manage key metrics on status of large purchase orders and coordinate with Finance on proper accrual levels.
- Ensure the purchasing personnel are properly trained to perform their duties in a timely and accurate fashion in support of other functional areas.
- Investigate and recommend new sources of supply that provide maximum value by delivering quality goods on time and at a low cost. Work closely with scientific team to develop key strategies.
- Responsible for supplier management from tactical day-to-day ordering to performance reporting and corrective action as required.
- Work closely with the Finance team to resolve challenges for Purchasing and Supply Chain
- Tackles additional tasks willingly and as needed.
- Experience in Biopharmaceutical environment a plus.
- Eight (8) plus years buying experience.
- Two (2) years in a manager role.
- Great Plains experience a plus.
- Ability to solve problems with effective solutions and drives objectivity and a research- and data-driven approach in procurement decision making.
- Understands internal and external customers’ needs and strives to meet expectations.
- Experience negotiating with vendors; ability to manage external relationships.
- Resourcefulness - Flexible, adjusts readily to new situations and changing priorities while effectively dealing with ambiguity, stress and uncertainty.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- C.P.M. or CPSM certification or equivalent a plus.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.