Open Positions: PK/PD Modeling and Simulation Scientist
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
The PK/PD modeling and simulation scientist will provide scientific leadership for PK/PD modeling and simulation in the discovery and preclinical development setting. The incumbent will recommend and implement modeling and simulation strategy for drug discovery projects based on Arvinas’ protein degradation platform across multiple therapeutic areas and targets. For individual projects, the incumbent will utilize fit-for-purpose modeling approaches to support target evaluation, lead optimization, candidate selection, and preclinical development. The incumbent will leverage the best available tools and science to conduct human PK prediction to support clinical candidate nomination using a variety of approaches, such as in silico, in vitro-in vivo correlation, allometry, or PBPK, as appropriate.
This position may be based at our headquarters location in New Haven, CT or a remote role based within the U.S.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Recommend and implement PK/PD modeling and simulation strategies to support Arvinas’ PROTAC-based drug discovery platform and portfolio programs in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience therapeutic areas.
- Develop and apply PK/PD fit-for-purpose models to influence critical decisions in drug discovery and preclinical development, including target selection, lead optimization, clinical candidate selection, and translational strategies for early clinical development.
- Use model-based approaches to generate hypotheses and propose model-informed studies to establish concentration-effect relationships, linking drug, target PD, and efficacy to predict human effects.
- Ensure continuous improvement of preclinical PK/PD science and technologies for greater translational confidence in candidate selection.
- Leverage available best science to provide human dose prediction for clinical candidate selection and preclinical development.
- Represent DMPK function on company-wide drug discovery and development teams.
- A minimum of 5+ years of industry experience with a strong emphasis on PKPD modeling and simulation.
- Thorough understanding of the basic principles of pharmacokinetics (non-compartmental, compartmental, PBPK).
- In depth, hands-on proficiency of PKPD-based modeling and simulation using one or more commercial software platforms (e.g. Phoenix NLME). Previous experience with GastroPlus is a plus.
- Ability to learn new areas of biological sciences and build on solid foundation of quantitative skills to develop mechanistically relevant PKPD models.
- Ability to translate outcomes of modeling and simulation analyses into digestible and actionable outputs that can be used by project teams.
- Ability to keep up-to-date with scientific and technological developments in the area of PKPD modeling and simulation and quantitative system pharmacology, particularly in the area of ternary pharmacology systems in the areas of induced chemical proximity in general and PROTAC specifically.
- General knowledge of DMPK in drug discovery and development. Previous experience representing the DMPK function on project teams is desired.
- Ph.D. degree in mathematics, engineering, statistics, pharmaceutical sciences or other disciplines related to quantitative pharmacology
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer